Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Real Madrid (Champion's League Final)

Whats the Thiago diagnosis?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You still sure we only need 1 midfielder next season?
    Numerically, one additional mid that can play plenty of games (like Tchouameni) I personally think is enough.

But for Villa being unable to hold on, or a dodgy VAR call in Man City's favour against Everton, or dropping points from 2-goal lead winning positions, we'd have won everything we could so far this season and midfielders wouldn't be on anyone's mind.

Fine, fine margins.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Whats the Thiago diagnosis?
    Dunno but body language and that Klopp hug tells us everything. He is out of the CL final

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Numerically, one additional mid that can play plenty of games (like Tchouameni) I personally think is enough.

But for Villa being unable to hold on, or a dodgy VAR call in Man City's favour against Everton, or dropping points from 2-goal lead winning positions, we'd have won everything we could so far this season and midfielders wouldn't be on anyone's mind.

Fine, fine margins.
    Milner is 37.. Keitas been fit recently unlikely to continue ..Thiago can't go 5/6 games without injury.. Henderson will be 32. That leaves us with Fabinho who also spends a lot of games injured.
    We needed another centre midfielder this season.. we will need 2 in my opinion next season.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Surely Keita does not start. He was shocking in the last away game against RM. More shocking than normal in fact.

Its not a disaster. We are a better side than 4 years ago, they are not.
    I still fancy us even without Thiago. Fab will play I think.

What happened with Thiago? Was it that pass he put in row X that was meant for Trent? Didn't look to be anything.

Not having Keita start this one, even if Fab's out, too way off it in the press and counterpress without the sprinting back to make up for it either in his last 2 or 3 appearances. Jones has improved, not sure Fab will be ready to start, I think this is going to have to be a game of No6 and 2 midfield controllers keeping it tighter looking to be the platform four our forwards and full backs 18-19 style to start

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Milner Henderson Jones

Salah Mane Diaz
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Milner is 37.. Keitas been fit recently unlikely to continue ..Thiago can't go 5/6 games without injury.. Henderson will be 32. That leaves us with Fabinho who also spends a lot of games injured.
    We needed another centre midfielder this season.. we will need 2 in my opinion next season.
    I guess it's about the framing of the discussion.

If (huge if) the following all stay, then numerically (not at PC so can't embolden that word) I think we need one more. Let's say it's Tchouameni. We would be looking at -

Henderson
    Fabinho
    Thiago
    Tchouameni
    Keita
    Jones
    Elliott
    Ox

I don't see a need for a ninth. We play 4-3-3 and 3 for each position, sacrificing depth somewhere else - not for me.

Now, if someone tells me that, let's say, Ox and Keita are to leave, then yes - we absolutely should add someone else to the (example) Tchouameni incoming transfer. So if that's the framework of the discussion, then I am absolutely with you.

From there we have to consider funds. Personally I would love a top forward to come in. If we have a choice between two mids or one mid and a forward, I would go with the latter.

But hey, if two mids and a forward all came in - we could really dream even more, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I guess it's about the framing of the discussion.

If (huge if) the following all stay, then numerically (not at PC so can't embolden that word) I think we need one more. Let's say it's Tchouameni. We would be looking at -

Henderson
    Fabinho
    Thiago
    Tchouameni
    Keita
    Jones
    Elliott
    Ox

I don't see a need for a ninth. We play 4-3-3 and 3 for each position, sacrificing depth somewhere else - not for me.

Now, if someone tells me that, let's say, Ox and Keita are to leave, then yes - we absolutely should add someone else to the (example) Tchouameni incoming transfer. So if that's the framework of the discussion, then I am absolutely with you.

From there we have to consider funds. Personally I would love a top forward to come in. If we have a choice between two mids or one mid and a forward, I would go with the latter.

But hey, if two mids and a forward all came in - we could really dream even more, eh?
    Elliot and Jones are not centre midfielders.. Elliot plays in a 3 off the right and Jones.. well hes been playing all over the shop..But he cant play in a 2.. Ox is probably off
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century