Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Real Madrid (Champion's League Final)

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    What happened with Thiago? Was it that pass he put in row X that was meant for Trent? Didn't look to be anything.
    I hear Right hamstring... Nothing else yet..

We have 2 many bits and pieces attacking midfielders.. Half of them don't even play games. ie Ox/Elliot/Minamino/
    Shift off Ox and Minamino and get another centre midfielder..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I would be tempted to play Bobby in midfield.
    However, he had a bit of a mare today, so...
    Henderson, Milner, Fabinho (if fit) looks the only option for midfield.

There is no sugar coating it Klopp has been forced stretch both Him Fabinho and Hendo too far. That is the problem with so many games and so few midfielders being up to the job.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    I would be tempted to play Bobby in midfield.
    However, he had a bit of a mare today, so...
    Henderson, Milner, Fabinho (if fit) looks the only option for midfield.
    Has to be BUT Fab hasn't played and will be a risk. Modric could make us pay heavily once again

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I'd be up for that, certainly.

Sales will certainly be a part of our Summer task.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We have 2 many bits and pieces attacking midfielders.. Half of them don't even play games. ie Ox/Elliot/Minamino/
    Agree. Though we had an awesome season. Performance wise we weren't dominant many games and teams bypassed our midfield way too easily. Our midfielders are not athletic and quick enough.

Fabinho imo can read the game well but is not the quickest and is getting on with age. Henderson runs a lot but for me doesn't always have the best positional sense defensive wise. Attacking and pressing he is a beast but also doesn't score many goals. Also Henderson looks slower and as with all our midfielders seems to be a second slower to player at times. Keita as you mentioned falls in that neither this nor that category. He is also super slow imo. Jones is the younger and faster but positional also needs to adapt. Also as a ball player he plays like a 1980/90s number 10 holds the ball too long. Thiago is boss 7/10 games and is the only real starter for me out of all our midfielders.

We need fresh and athletic young midfielders. I deffo feel 2. One more defensive and one like Gini/Hendo type a 8 that grafts but that should be able to score 5 or so in the pl per season.

We need legs in the middle. Also we need a goalscorer. None of our attackers are ruthless. Jota seemed to be the one but he isn't also I have my doubts now about his overall play and pressing. We need a 9. Diaz is amazing but also doesn't seem to be that high converter. Our issue mostly is putting games to bed. We don't need to create 22 chances each game. We need someone who knows the box and puts away chances.

I am not taking a dig at our players. But to be successful we need to constantly upgrade and move on.

Also think the high line needs to be binned. Also think Trent should be converted toa midfielder and we should sign a RB. Trent will be devastating as a 8. He has the athletism and technique to be a world beater at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    There is no sugar coating it Klopp has been forced stretch both Him Fabinho and Hendo too far. That is the problem with so many games and so few midfielders being up to the job.
    True. Hoe the 5 subs next season helps. But also we need to maybe rotate much earlier in the season if possible. And not just 1game a time. Maybe 2-3 at a time.

I think if it is me I’m going.

Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Robbo
    Hendo Fabinho Keita/Thiago
    Salah Mane Diaz

Thiago if fit plays obviously if not then Keita will play.

Not sure why everyone is slagging off our midfielders we got 92 points with them, people need to understand our midfield plays in a totally different style to City we win the ball and pass ball off whilst City have better ball carriers you can win both ways as is proven.

If we sign Touchy Feely he isn’t a ball player from what I have read/seen.

I'm looking at this game in the sense that we deserve our place there, we are without doubt probably the best or second best team in the world. Real aren't, they are not as good as when we played them 4 years ago. We are much, much better.
    That 18 final always had a longshot feel about it and even Salah went off it felt a loss was inevitable. Our press will put them under serious pressure, our back line is better and we are much mentally improved since then.
    It's a one off game and anything can happen but if form plays out and the odds go as usual we will win that game.