Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Real Madrid (Champion's League Final)

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think if it is me I’m going.

Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Robbo
    Hendo Fabinho Keita/Thiago
    Salah Mane Diaz

Thiago if fit plays obviously if not then Keita will play.

Not sure why everyone is slagging off our midfielders we got 92 points with them, people need to understand our midfield plays in a totally different style to City we win the ball and pass ball off whilst City have better ball carriers you can win both ways as is proven.

If we sign Touchy Feely he isn’t a ball player from what I have read/seen.
    True. They did everything, its one goal and one point. That's how the difference has been made against a team who are doping. I'm as bitter as a fucking lemon about it but so fuck. They are cheats and I'm fed up of it not being called out. Sky make me sick with their fawning.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Fabinho imo can read the game well but is not the quickest and is getting on with age
    Fabinho doesn't read the game well, isn't good enough with the ball, has to sit deeper, off the press and counter press to give him time to react to things because he doesn't read the game well and is too slow about the pitch and hardly ever sprints back when the play goes past him and very VERY rarely eve makes a vital challenge or crucial interception in our own box as you see all other No6's do all season

He isn't a midfielder or No6 in my book because there are so many trademark distinguishing features of what a midfielder and No6/DM do that he simply doesn't do and never has

He was at his best when he effectively had 2 midfield controllers either side of him, he pressed really high and they picked up the considerable slack of him not reading it well by positioning themselves expertly off his position, but ultimately, we got found out playing like that, and teams set up to suck Fab into situations to release players in the space where he should have been, it started in his first season in 18-19

He's fairly good and useful sitting deeper more in front of the back four, but that really limits us playing at our best, we can beat most sides using him that way, but the aim is always to do better and strive to be better and we can be A LOT fucking better without him, I'd still have sold him after 19-20 when the team evolved and played far better in his absence and went backwards when he was brought back in, the writing was on the wall then, but he's a Klopp favourite because he's his signing who became a fan favourite, but he only became a fan favourite and gained cult status through taking Hendo's place as he had taken the armband after Stevie, I don't think Jurgen ever got that or realised it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Klopp saying that Thisgo walking around pitch either his family is a positive sign. Fingers,toes and bollocks crossed lads.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Klopp saying that Thisgo walking around pitch either his family is a positive sign. Fingers,toes and bollocks crossed lads.
    The latter expression,it sounds like what happened to Phil Babb with the goal post..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Apparently it's on Twitter that Klopps said he's likely out. 😞

Centre-back is an interesting dilemna.

People will be unhappy today with Konate. There are pros/cons for both.

Matip has the composure. Real Madrid thrive off punishing mistakes and one would think Matip, on his day, makes fewer than Konate. Matip does not have as much pace though and against Vinicius that poses a problem.

Konate is less experienced, but a bigger threat from set pieces. Also a bit more pace to deal with Vinicius.

I'd pick Matip mind.

Matip and Virgil for me but I won't be unhappy with Konate. He's good enough to play against anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Matip and Virgil for me but I won't be unhappy with Konate. He's good enough to play against anyone.
    2 mistakes each leading to goals this season, Konate vs Benfica and today, Matip twice v City, once in either league game, flashing a leg at The bacon shots Alisson otherwise had covered to divert them past him, they count as errors for me as that isn't how we defend, we have long defended by making very good angles, giving the opposition players precious little of the goal to aim at and letting Big Bear make the saves and NOT flashing out a leg or hip or nay other part of our body to potentially deflect the ball past him

A dilemma up front imo, mo is way off it and desperation for revenge will stunt his game. He is predictedable atm and seems to have lost a yard. Hendo, kieta, fab in the middle is the best option. We need hendo patrolling in front of trent as vinicius will be the out ball.
    Benzema guile will test both Joel and ibou...

This game will most likely be the kind of game Trent sits deeper in a defensive position in for long periods making the play from deep, looking to release Mo with balls over the top down the line, and Diaz and Robbo with long right to left diagonals over the top and switches in my opinion

In the 17-18 final we were bossing a much better Real side that this current one with our pressing and counter pressing and sharp and direct runs and passing until Wankertron knobbled Mo and then Karius