Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Real Madrid (Champion's League Final)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    We're fucked if that's the team

Milner keita and henderson in midfield v real

goodnight.
    We'll see.

They're older, Milner particularly, but Henderson and Milner started a Champion's League Final against Real Madrid, along with Wijnaldum, if I remember correctly.

So Henderson/Milner/Keita instead of Henderson/Milner/Wijnaldum. Less in the way of "legs" now with age, but also more experience. I don't think the difference is catastrophic and the desire to win will be even greater after how today panned out.

Then looking at Real Madrid they definitely have less "legs" than they did. They don't have Ronaldo or Ramos which is good for us, we don't have Karius which is good as well. Does Bale, scorer of 2 of their goals that wretched night, start the match? Doubt it. Does Alisson roll one right to Benzema? Sure hope not.

They're capable of beating us - of course they are - but to say we're "fucked" - not necessarily.

Hopefully Fabinho can play. Hopefully (if deemed appropriate, obviously) Thiago can play a part with a pain-killing injection, helping us see it out for 10 minutes if we're ahead, that sort of thing.

We don't have long to wait and they aren't dripping with pace in every position or anything - Vinicius being the main concern there.

PSG, Chelsea and Man City all had a lead on them. We can get a lead too. If we get that, then the difference will be whether or not we can stop one of their "inspired" spells in a match and I'd trust Milner and Henderson as much as most players to have the nous to do so.

Salah may have got a goal at just the right time, plus Diaz and Mane are just a joy to watch more often than not. We have every chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Centre-back is an interesting dilemna.

People will be unhappy today with Konate. There are pros/cons for both.

Matip has the composure. Real Madrid thrive off punishing mistakes and one would think Matip, on his day, makes fewer than Konate. Matip does not have as much pace though and against Vinicius that poses a problem.

Konate is less experienced, but a bigger threat from set pieces. Also a bit more pace to deal with Vinicius.

I'd pick Matip mind.
    Surely Konate, Not lost a game for us. He hasn't lost a league match he's started for three-and-half years, going back all the way to a clash between RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund in January 2019.
    Last edited by Jenson78; 22nd May 2022 at 11:25 PM.

Elliot may get a game

Klopp on Thiago: "Not good but I cannot say more."

I’ve already convinced myself that Thiago won’t play. Hamstrings don’t mend in a week, and if it did it wouldn’t be worth risking him in case he breaks down in five minutes. I’m more concerned now about Fab.

We definitely need midfield reinforcements in the summer. We’ve got the Fulham lad coming, but I’m not sure what position he plays or whether he’s going to be ready for the Premier League.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I'm along those lines too. Thiago looked pretty fed up on the bench.
    Fabs had almost three weeks by the time the final comes around, if it was just a tweak you'd think it should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm along those lines too. Thiago looked pretty fed up on the bench.
    Fabs had almost three weeks by the time the final comes around, if it was just a tweak you'd think it should be OK.
    Fab won't be ready, he hasn't started training with the lads yet, I reckon he'll make the bench, at a risk at best, not replacing Gini isn't looking too great now, with Thiago's injury history, he could nad should never have been considered a replacement for Gini
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fab won't be ready, he hasn't started training with the lads yet, I reckon he'll make the bench, at a risk at best, not replacing Gini isn't looking too great now, with Thiago's injury history, he could nad should never have been considered a replacement for Gini
    If he starts training early this week he'll be OK I reckon.

If he starts training early this week he'll be OK I reckon.
    I doubt it, it was hamstring where it joins the buttock I think

We just have to wait and see. It'll be a bonus of he does. Hendo,Milner and Keita will manage if its them.

We just have to wait and see. It'll be a bonus of he does. Hendo,Milner and Keita will manage if its them.
    I'd be very tempted by Milner Hendo Jones that being the case, Keita's been terrible in the press and counter press in his last 2 or 3