Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Real Madrid (Champion's League Final)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'd be very tempted by Milner Hendo Jones that being the case, Keita's been terrible in the press and counter press in his last 2 or 3
    Probably not a bad thought. I'm.not Jones' biggest fan but one thing he is good at is keeping the ball. We'll need to do that a lot.
    This could be a game where one of the lads who polarises us writes his name into folklore.

Thiago Alcantara faces a fight to be fit for the Champions League final after scans showed he sustained an Achilles problem in Liverpool’s 3-1 win over Wolves on Sunday.

The Spain international midfielder’s injury is not serious but he is in a race against time to be available when Liverpool face Real Madrid in Paris on Saturday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/thiago-alcantara-liverpool-champions-league-b2085162.html

So it's an Achilles injury... hmm it's a long shot but possible. Doubt we can seriously go with Fabinho after his injury and Thiago even if they both say they can play.

You need fit players for any final, we have all seen what happens when unfit players are picked.
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd May 2022 at 12:33 PM.

5 subs helps

Personally i think a midfield of Milner, Henderson and Jones is not dynamic enough, not creative enough. I would even rather play Firmino in there as a kind of false ten (I know it's not going to happen)

Fabinho and Gomez in training this week so will fingers crossed make the squad.

Thiago has a chance it is being reported but Klopp not take a risk he isnt like that.

Let's not talk ourselves into the big fear, lads. We've won this trophy with Djimi Traore at left back. Real are a creaking ship of old salty sea dogs with a depleted defence. The red army will be there.

We can leave them in tatters with or without Thiago.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Let's not talk ourselves into the big fear, lads. We've won this trophy with Djimi Traore at left back. Real are a creaking ship of old salty sea dogs with a depleted defence. The red army will be there.

100%. Play to our best or close and we take it home. Too many going on like yesterday was a crushing defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post

I like that vision.. And now I know who Sellers reminded me of in this clip..

If it's an Achilles section and if (huge "if") the medical staff give the all-clear, Thiago might be able to get a half, or the last half hour, or be an option in extra-time, if he's had a pain-killing injection.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I like that vision.. And now I know who Sellers reminded me of in this clip..

He's the spit of Tony Kroos

I thought you were going to bring up the Amber Heard trial there. We'll have to be on our best form to cope with all the barefaced lying and cheating on Saturday - just like Johnny Depp. Take a leaf from his book, never look Sergio Ramos in the eyes ever again