Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Real Madrid (Champion's League Final)

Apparently Thiago is fifty fifty to play on Saturday. I suspect that means he will play and that Madrid will systematically target his weaker heel

https://forums.lfconline.co.uk/showthread.php?287295-Premier-League-table-VAR-applied-correctly-and-honestly/page24&highlight=League+table+VAR

Post #232 Not that they need extra motivation after what's happened in the League this season, but reminding themselves of the absolute horrific nature of what they went through last season just in order to be in this season's Champions League, what they suffered, what and who they so sadly lost and how incredible they are and how hard they fought to make sure they were in it might give a little extra resolve and absolute vehement determination to get this final won
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Apparently Thiago is fifty fifty to play on Saturday. I suspect that means he will play and that Madrid will systematically target his weaker heel
    If he is indeed 50/50 then that suggests Tendonitis, which is very sore but is manageable in terms of not doing long-term damage if played on for a bit.

We are allowed 5 subs and a 6th can be made if it goes to extra-time.

I suspect he will get 45 minutes with pain-killing injections. Whether we use him from the start to gain an edge or not is harder to predict. Assuming Fabinho can't make it, I'd see what we can do with Henderson/Milner/Keita or Henderson/Milner/Jones and if we get to half-time level (or better still, ahead) we could try and keep things the same until the 60th and then bring him on.

Personnel won't matter as much as mentality and concentration for me. Vinicius is hard to match for pace, but we can cut the supply to him with a good press and although it divides opinion for some, well-timed offside traps with the high line are a huge nullifier for us.

Mane is the man of the moment and has scored in a Champion's League Final against Real Madrid before - hope he can seal the victory for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Great news if true, get those pain killers in him and start him

Ancelotti claiming HE is on a revenge mission, having been on the losing Real Madrid team when the 2 sides last met in Paris in 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Ancelotti claiming HE is on a revenge mission, having been on the losing Real Madrid team when the 2 sides last met in Paris in 1981
    Not Madrid I know, but the small matter of managing a certain side in 04/05 and being 3-0 up probably haunts him from time to time.

Let's have it then

Fabinho and Gomez in full training today under a very grey Kirkby sky. Predictably, no sign of Thiago.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Fabinho and Gomez in full training today under a very grey Kirkby sky. Predictably, no sign of Thiago.
    Fabinho training is particularly good news!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Shame about the weather but great on news Fab and Gomez.

No Thiago, well he isn’t going to feature surely. If he does those swines will be after his ankle