Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Ten (Cafe) Hag's at the wheel

10 years today since red face announced his retirement. Wish it was 20 years but glad they haven't been PL or CL winners since.

Sadly his and Murdoch's "When united do well we all do well" and "Anyone but Liverpool" mantras and legacies continue to live on throughout FA PGMOL The FA & Premier League officialsand through all pundits, commentators and hacks, as if The Premier League and national side thriving in the last 10 years with other clubs evolution not being constantly snuffed out in their infancies to keep the filthy top of the pile never happened
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I do not understand why everyone in the media is saying Ten Hag has turned it around, they are heading for fewer points than 20/21 and they are dire away from home. They don’t have a CF on any note, they spent £160m on two very average wingers and their squad is crammed full of very overrated very overpaid prima donnas.
    I think it's recency bias - the 21/22 season they only got 58 points, so in comparison to that they'll have had an improved season - particularly if they finish in the Champion's League spots.

But we can see that they're not really any better when comparing to 19/20 and 20/21 and they certainly don't play like the Ajax side that people loved - they're still having to play "Oleball" at the moment.

They can count themselves very fortunate that we were so poor for large chunks of the season - turn one of our draws into a win and they would be absolutely bricking it just now.

At this rate they’ll win that double and every last game this season.

Celebrate them for the Titans they are. Cower in awe…. Then IF they fail…which they won’t… we could all just choose to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    At this rate they’ll win that double and every last game this season.

Celebrate them for the Titans they are. Cower in awe…. Then IF they fail…which they won’t… we could all just choose to ignore them.
    A Double would represent a really brilliant season for them, but I think Man City will beat them.

I doubt we will ever ignore them, whether they win a Treble again (Heaven forbid) or end up in League Two one day - too much history there - personally I am fascinated by the parallels between our club and theirs in terms of a spell of dominance followed by a drop-off and often find that an interesting conversational topic when chatting footie.

If we handle our business we need them to drop points in 2 games - my gut says they will fluff their lines in one fixture but win the other three - but we'll see.

Agree Sid, my comment wasn’t in response to you though. I am just protecting against any gloating at their perceived demise - especially as they are in position to win 3 things we cannot. 2 cups (1 already in the bag) and another by virtue of winning the top 4 trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agree Sid, my comment wasn’t in response to you though. I am just protecting against any gloating at their perceived demise - especially as they are in position to win 3 things we cannot. 2 cups (1 already in the bag) and another by virtue of winning the top 4 trophy.
    Totally get it.

Think it's understandable that fans got a bit giddy this weekend as I doubt anyone REALLY expected BOTH Newcastle and Man United to lose their games as it seems too good to be true, but we need to prep well and beat Leicester - the thought of Vardy having one last counter-attacking goal against us running into the gaps left by our back-three-in-possession set-up is going to make me itchy all week

They're most likely to lose all their remaining games, the PGMOL will be desperately trying to get them over the line, but they tried that against Brighton and West Ham and it didn't work, they've all got those big errors in them at both ends of the pitch

PGMOL have been trying really hard for them in our last 2 games too that was an absolute shit show by Taylor v Brentford

Wolves next for them, i can really sees Wolves getting something, maybe even all 3 points, Wolves ending their unbeaten run at old toilet will finish the big time bottlers

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I doubt anyone REALLY expected BOTH Newcastle and Man United to lose their games
    Wrong I was calling what's happened before it did

I expect them both to keep dropping points too, neither are used to having to fight with everything they have in every last game like this, the filthy's ranks are littered with players who've shown themselves to be big time bottlers and had collective meltdowns over and over and they're exhausted because Ten Hag has played most of his best 11 in most matches in all comps, they were already running on empty before this incredible and intense pressure kicked in

I'll do it later when i'm on the laptop, but the filthy's form since losing a 2 goal lead v Sevilla at old toilet has been absolutely abysmal, they only won v Villa because PGMOL sent Gillett out to give them everything and Villa nothing AND with a spawny as fuck goal

I think it's key for any team playing them to understand in no uncertain terms that they are not going to be playing on a level playing field with PGMOL desperately trying to help them over the line and that they need to use that positively for additional focus, intensity, quality and motivation as West Ham did so brilliantly last night in the face of 2 absolutely scandalous decisions, rather than let it irritate, frustrate and annoy them and negatively disrupt their psyche as Villa allowed it to, withering to a shadow of the team they had been in their prio run of games