Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten (Cafe) Hag's at the wheel

Only 4 of our 18 attempts were on target, compared to 5 of Utd’s 9.
    Our profligacy never wanes.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Saw brief highlights and it seems we gifted them the bulk of their chances, whereas we were creating our own.

Looking forward to the League fixtures against them.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    fucking hate bias media and fans..So Nunez missed that chance. Just looking at it now. Absolute no mention of the tackle. If it had made contact would have broken Nunez ankle.. But carry stupid twats.. this was a friendly and see you that.
    All it is, is so the players get minutes in the legs and the club make over £12 million pounds bringing the brand to the far East.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    He may well get off to a slow start due to adapting to the subtleties of our system and new team-mates but I have every faith that he is going to be brilliant for us.
    Looks like he'll benefit immensely from playing in a 3 with Mo and Diaz either side of him, so let's hope that happens, we might use 4231 at some point or in some games, but when we did play that for a spell yesterday, it looked a disaster and Nunez will have to build up to playing as a lone target in the Prem, it's a quantum leap from playing the the Portugese top division

I think him in the 3, the build up we do on either side, allowing him to time runs into the box and off the back of or across CBs better will help him immensely

You could see he's already being coached to always be looking for the runs in behind, he jsu wasn't in good starting positions or was a bit out of breath to start the runs a lot of times
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    All it is, is so the players get minutes in the legs and the club make over £12 million pounds bringing the brand to the far East.
    wheres the 12 million going?? wheres the rest of the money we make?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Indeed although I don’t think 6 star luxury helps them too much for the graft ahead. Shanks would have them in an old boarding house with pie and chips for tea.

And fans would have to scour the small print of the back pages to find out the results of these friendlies!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Looks like he'll benefit immensely from playing in a 3 with Mo and Diaz either side of him, so let's hope that happens, we might use 4231 at some point or in some games, but when we did play that for a spell yesterday, it looked a disaster and Nunez will have to build up to playing as a lone target in the Prem, it's a quantum leap from playing the the Portugese top division

I think him in the 3, the build up we do on either side, allowing him to time runs into the box and off the back of or across CBs better will help him immensely

You could see he's already being coached to always be looking for the runs in behind, he jsu wasn't in good starting positions or was a bit out of breath to start the runs a lot of times
    The Portuguese league has transfered relatively well and Nunez has experience of playing in different setups.

Answer me this 19,

You have these 10 players and you can pick one current additional player, which player do you pick to make an 11, and how do you set it up.

Alisson,Trent, Matip, VVD, Robbo, Hendo, Diaz, Jota, Nunez & Salah

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Didn't we hit the post at least twice?
    Do they count as off or on target?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Off target...

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The Portuguese league has transfered relatively well and Nunez has experience of playing in different setups.

Answer me this 19,

You have these 10 players and you can pick one current additional player, which player do you pick to make an 11, and how do you set it up.

Alisson,Trent, Matip, VVD, Robbo, Hendo, Diaz, Jota, Nunez & Salah
    I set up 433, we have an abundance of CMs, we're back down to only 5 forwards and Nunez will benefit far more from having the closer support of Salah and Diaz and the link up and build up both enjoy with our full backs and in Mo's case the triangles between our more attacking No8 himself and Trent - It will help create the situations in which Trent or Robbo are released in time and space to cross from deep and for Nunez to work on his runs off the back of and across defenders also

You were beginning to almost have a case for 4231 (aside from Fab and Thiago not being good enough to play it) until we went from 7 forwards to 5, one of the players who left being a top quality option and our only top quality option for all 3 forward positions, now though, absolutely no chance in my view

Hendo
    Milner
    Jones
    Elliott
    Carvalho
    Keita
    Fabinho
    Thiago

8 mids for 3 positions 9 with Morton - 5 forwards for 3 positions, 3 of the 5 all far better at No9 or false 9 than any of the other positions - I know how I'd be setting up
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”