Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Mane contract

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Start of a new era?
    No Mo or Mane will certainly be a huge change. Along with Virgil they are two of our most prolific and popular players since 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    No Mo or Mane will certainly be a huge change. Along with Virgil they are two of our most prolific and popular players since 2017-18
    Mo and mane have also received a lot of criticism, oftimes for not playing for each other or the team.

Mo and mane have also received a lot of criticism, oftimes for not playing for each other or the team.
    Absolutely agree, but they have been the majority of the club’s goals for at least four seasons now. Not sure where the goals come from to replace them.

Start of a new era?
    Yes. I believe on Klopp, our main man is Klopp. If Klopp leaves next summer, like was original planned, today I was very nervous about our future but with Klopp staying I think it's time to "build" a new Era with new faces.
    In Klopp I trust

It was going to happen at some point. Everything comes to end.

Mane, Salah and Bobby have been phenomenal for this club, and whilst Mo's season (and maybe LFC career?) has fallen flat over the last 5 months, there can be no doubting of his contribution to the club's success and renaissance in the last 5 years.

Same with Bobby, he's not been top of his game for a couple of seasons now, but he's been a superb and willing foil for the other two.

And finally for my fav of the 3 Mane - Yes, he sulks, yes he and Mo might not have got on but he's been an absolute warrior for the last 5 years. He's done it all. I wouldn't begrudge anyone a change of scenery/challenge. His smile will be missed!!

As I have said, their star/popularity/ability may have waned/soured in the last few months/year but I am certain the three of them will be seen at the same level as Keegan and Toshack, Kenny and Rush and Gerrard and Torres by future generations even if they are maybe underappreciated at times by the current generation.

We have been spoiled! It has been brilliant to have witnessed the 3 of them in their prime!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

100% Jozza. I fully trust Klopp to get it right whoever the replacements may be.

Start of a new era?
    Much as I hate to give him/them anything resembling praise, Fergie's Man United had to go through a different spells with player turnover.

He knew by-and-large when to let them go and when new blood was required.

Can't say I "look forward to" the likes of Mane leaving, but it's the sort of thing that has to happen sooner or later with some of our players.

Hopefully we can find an appropriate replacement.

They can go after last night too, not going to get much more out of them....... i'm not bothered anymore, thank you for everything though

stale as fuck, needs to change.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Sky are reporting that he hasn't asked to leave but it seems likely to me.

I think it's time.

It's time for us to move on.
    .....from both of them.

While I appreciate (if this is what he actually announces) that Mane has decided now is the time he wants to go - which might give the club the opportunity to possibly recoup something of a transfer fee - it's a pity Mo seems to have decided to run down his contract and leave on a free next summer.

Hopefully the club both their replacements in place prior to the preseason, and even if Mo is still here next season - much like we did with bringing in Thiago while Gini was still around but had decided to move on - we can have as smooth a transition as possible.

I'm ready to move on from them..
    Mo, more than Mane, but I can appreciate how Mane feels it might be the best time for him personally.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!