Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: List Mo Salah immediately

I love Mo and have loved watching him. Enjoyed his magic moments on the pitch and his persona off it.
    I don’t trust the media but from an objective viewpoint things have changed. Obviously his agent wants the best for himself first and Mo second . Mo wants the best for himself and perhaps LFC second.
    When I watch Mo for the last few months I always hope for that bit of magic, sadly defenders appear to be given the all clear to grab him by the neck etc which has ,To a large extent stifled his game. He is still brilliant, has given so much to us and it will be sad if he leaves a la Mc Manaman, Owen, Caan.
    I’ve lived through Rushie, Keegan etc leaving so, whilst sad, he ,like those greats before him have given us great memories, no one is irreplaceable and at 32 we have seen the best of him. Just don’t want a circus and Jurgen won’t allow one.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    He was also on blistering form for Roma.

Chelsea and Mourinho were not a good fit for him. We were also in for him at the time. We got outbid
    He was more interested in the biggest pay packet than playing games even then, seems he and his twat of an agent never learn
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It's a two way street Ian, before we signed him as a second choice because his skill sets fitted the attributes we were looking for how Jurgen wanted to play, he had no worldwide profile, no-one else was knocking on Roma's door for him, he'd already failed spectacularly in the Premier League at Chelsea and his overall goal return was 1 in 4, Jurgen and all our other amazing players have done more for Mo Salah than he has done for us.

What we're seeing on this thread is yet another example of how neurotypical people are conditioned to accept certain status quos, a lot here are wrapped up in the 'all the power is with the player' status quo of only considering things through that lens and viewpoint, I like to weigh things up differently, as ever
    I hope you feel the same about the club releasing 18 years this season who they feel aren't good enough for the club. It definitely is a 2 way street and I'm not arsed at all about Mo pushing the club for more money. This is the same club screwing us fans with ticket prices and insisting on have membership before buying a ticket.

Tried to furlough the staff ffs

let's be honest they ain't gonna pay salahs wages he'll go on a free

apparently forking out however much it'll cost to sort that side of the pitch is better than a contract, or selling if anyone interested.

Pretty sure this is how "feeder" clubs work not title winning/champions winning club does... but heck

Same owners that wanted to join the "super league" because all they saw was making serious £££££££££ and probably not even putting much into the squad

Thank god for fan's backlash on both accounts.

I don't think i'll ever see equal or a better manager than Klopp for us in my life-time, glad I have lived through this period though- because who knows what the future will bring, but good luck to whoever takes over after Klopp... I doubt they'll last long, because they'll have to be a top top manager to compete with the likes of city,newcastle.. and other clubs that seem to be able to spend more than us every season.

Makes it more important to enjoy the good times, because it won't last forever sadly.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 11th June 2022 at 10:47 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Tried to furlough the staff ffs

let's be honest they ain't gonna pay salahs wages he'll go on a free

apparently forking out however much it'll cost to sort that side of the pitch is better than a contract, or selling if anyone interested.

Pretty sure this is how "feeder" clubs work not title winning/champions winning club does... but heck

Same owners that wanted to join the "super league" because all they saw was making serious £££££££££ and probably not even putting much into the squad

Thank god for fan's backlash on both accounts.

I don't think i'll ever see equal or a better manager than Klopp for us in my life-time, glad I have lived through this period though- because who knows what the future will bring, but good luck to whoever takes over after Klopp... I doubt they'll last long, because they'll have to be a top top manager to compete with the likes of city,newcastle.. and other clubs that seem to be able to spend more than us every season.

Makes it more important to enjoy the good times, because it won't last forever sadly.
    Like or not. There is a wage structure in place.

I don't want Salah to go but if we can't agree terms, then we can't agree terms. We are just too far apart. He's given us 6 great years and won us everything.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

He was more interested in the biggest pay packet than playing games even then, seems he and his twat of an agent never learn
    Go and play for Brendan Rogers at LFC or Mourinho at Chelsea?
    For a player that has no affiliation to either club. His decision made sense from a footballing and financial perspective. With hindsight you can always make perfect decisions.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Nah mate, he's shit.
    Correct, it’s all an illusion. I’ve been suckered in.. most likely by his goatee. I feel so used.

Like or not. There is a wage structure in place.

I don't want Salah to go but if we can't agree terms, then we can't agree terms. We are just too far apart. He's given us 6 great years and won us everything.
    how on earth was we talking to Mbappe at one point ??? (apparently various sources say we generally was interested)

If you want the best, you need to pay for it sadly, that's how the world works, which is why in future we won't be able to compete as stated in my post

Not sure how replacing him is going to cost less than sorting his contract, unless we find some hidden gem for 20m who rips it up bigtime.

He's not the only one either, could well be leaving with Firmino on a free.. because we can afford to do that, we spend like... no tomorrow right? not even more than villa!

Wij
    Origi
    Firmino
    Salah....

Wij should go back to newcastle, if only it was a season later, but on paper what a bunch of fantastic free signings.

Could be worse I suppose, could be man utd and Pogba.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 11th June 2022 at 11:12 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

it's going to be very interesting to see what happens if we get the Nunez deal completed from a Salah perspective

I would anticipate that as part of the rebuild, build for the future, as Mo has made it quite clear he intends to runs down his contract and leave on a free, the emphasis of our attack will change and the focus will be predominantly on getting the very best from Nunez rather than getting the very best from Mo it has been for so many seasons, I'd anticipate Nunez will become our penalty taker too

Going to be interesting seeing Mo having to put the hard yards in every one of our other players has done for him the past 5 seasons to support getting the very best out of another player, Im kind of looking forward to it, because that work will have to start this season and the transition initiated
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It's a two way street Ian, before we signed him as a second choice because his skill sets fitted the attributes we were looking for how Jurgen wanted to play, he had no worldwide profile, no-one else was knocking on Roma's door for him, he'd already failed spectacularly in the Premier League at Chelsea and his overall goal return was 1 in 4, Jurgen and all our other amazing players have done more for Mo Salah than he has done for us.

What we're seeing on this thread is yet another example of how neurotypical people are conditioned to accept certain status quos, a lot here are wrapped up in the 'all the power is with the player' status quo of only considering things through that lens and viewpoint, I like to weigh things up differently, as ever
    He had better goal & assist stats over the previous 2 seasons, than any of our then front 3. Phil, Bobby & Sadio.

He started playing immediately, played loads and scored loads in his first season.

His fee suggests he was brought in to benefit the first team

His record at Chelsea was 2 goals & 4 assists in 881 minutes
    Goal/or/assist per 146.8 minutes which is not bad for a young player moving to the PL.