Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: List Mo Salah immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Tried to furlough the staff ffs

let's be honest they ain't gonna pay salahs wages he'll go on a free

apparently forking out however much it'll cost to sort that side of the pitch is better than a contract, or selling if anyone interested.

Pretty sure this is how "feeder" clubs work not title winning/champions winning club does... but heck

Same owners that wanted to join the "super league" because all they saw was making serious £££££££££ and probably not even putting much into the squad

Thank god for fan's backlash on both accounts.

I don't think i'll ever see equal or a better manager than Klopp for us in my life-time, glad I have lived through this period though- because who knows what the future will bring, but good luck to whoever takes over after Klopp... I doubt they'll last long, because they'll have to be a top top manager to compete with the likes of city,newcastle.. and other clubs that seem to be able to spend more than us every season.

Makes it more important to enjoy the good times, because it won't last forever sadly.
    Furlough wasnt a good look but nobody said sh*t when bigger money makers like Starbucks did it FSG broke no rules but thankfully we didnt enforce it.

Im going to disagree on ESL I want it for a few reasons 1.State clubs are cheating 2.During Covid the smaller clubs didnt care about us and tried to rob us of a title.

As for Salah the issue isnt just him if we give him £400k a week then it is what follows other players want more.

Salah isnt only on £200k a week with his bonus he probably takes him £300k a week.

I dont care what other players earn that is a false market as most are at state clubs or dumb clubs who are in a mess ie Utd/Barca

If somethhing isnt done soon it wouldnt matter if we had a Klopp clone follow him City/Newcastle will just go £600-800k a week.

That will devalue the league imo but EPL seem to not care you only have to look at France the clubs are struggling apart from PSG due to tv money.

It will be interesting to see the fan turnout at start of next season. This cost of living business looks to become worse rather than better for the foreseeable future. Any chance of lower ticket prices?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    It will be interesting to see the fan turnout at start of next season. This cost of living business looks to become worse rather than better for the foreseeable future. Any chance of lower ticket prices?
    I cant see that we have thousands of fans who cant get close to a ticket so the clubs will know they can shift them.

It would be a nice gesture as people are struggling then again football is not priority number one at times like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I cant see that we have thousands of fans who cant get close to a ticket so the clubs will know they can shift them.

It would be a nice gesture as people are struggling then again football is not priority number one at times like this.
    I guess we have to wait and see!
    But with train strikes looming and maybe buses too their is a likelihood too of a sustained strike or increased travel costs if they get their way. Not to mention the increased fuel costs as we slowly head towards the winter months. Could be a really cold one too. Many people are going to be struggling just to make ends meet on just basic things.
    Wifey is going to say you are not going to the football!
    Shame footballers like Mo are now so far removed from reality!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Players can insure themselves against injury in their final year. Securing their future earnings.

Could do worse than signing him up on a bigger contract and then sell him after a year or 2.
    But as you say he might not sign up, and just want to leave next year on a free.
    Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Wouldn’t be many takers for a 32 year old on £400k mate, unless he’s on a free.
    That's a fair point.

There aren't many takers and the clubs that would, have all been using older players and signed some older top quality.

Still think it wouldn't be the worst idea to sign him up and keep him here, or sign him up and look to move him on for a fee.
    As legs said, might not be an option as the balls in Salahs court.

Well, it's almost done, going to be great watching old big head carrying water for Nunez and watching him score our pens
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Honestly, Son had a better season than Salah. Yeah salah had more assists but he's in a far, far better team and took pens he didn't win. People always say a pen is a goal. It's true to an extent but off paper it's worth less than a goal.

The end of his season was poor.
    Scores great goals but misses the easier ones, unlike benzema.

In fairess tho, that was benzema back when ronaldo was there. Watched them alot back then, contrary to belief ronaldo 'assisted' alot of missed chances for him. Confidence does amazing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, it's almost done, going to be great watching old big head carrying water for Nunez and watching him score our pens
    When people mention players with large heads my first thought is the most expensive centre-back around.

https://twitter.com/APAF7APF/status/1535711445777891331

But but but, he was described as a "Rolls Royce of a centre back" when he was signed.. I shan't believe it - I can't believe it.

Well, as the thread title says, we really should have, he was never in the category of player to be drawing a salary like that, never, we set up to get the very best out of him, to the detriment of other players like Mane, who likely left for that reason, or a mixture of that and the knowledge that no significant funding to get the players we needed was going to be forthcoming again and he'd just had enough

I was here or here abouts in my thoughts on Salah for quite a while, his complete lack of conviction in not clattering himself into the frame of the goal or Courtois to bundle home Jota's looped centre in the Champions League final as he absolutely should have, after all the shite he talked to give the opposition more fuel than ever ahead of the game was the ultimate clincher for me

His form has been fucked up this season for some other reasons too, letting Mane go being one of them, throwing the baby out with the bath water on the triangle of Mo, Trent and Hendo that worked so incredibly well for us last season, him generally just relaxing a lot and not seemingly giving a fuck now he has his big fat contract he's not worth
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”