Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: List Mo Salah immediately

I have a bad feeling salah stays and goes on a free....

no way will we replace Mane and Salah in the same window, we won't have the money..

Maybe klopp and fsg think it's best to keep him another season, rather than sell.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Salah named mens PFA Players' player of the year - I thought it would be The Bacon being honest
    Salah played well for maybe two-thirds of our season, at most.
    This award is a total surprise imo.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Salah played well for maybe two-thirds of our season, at most.
    This award is a total surprise imo.
    I had The Bacon down as nailed on for this, his best season I can remember, obviously worked hard on his work off the ball, his strength and managed to get a little bit more pace out of himself to go with his quality

And Mo, I felt he wasn't giving 100% after Afcon and us not automatically handing him whatever ludicrous amount of money the very top players like The Bacon and others who produce or constantly threaten to produce pure top quality every game get paid

Mo 100% committed would have put a damned foot through the ball Jota headed back across goal in the Champions League final, and he was the knob who inspired Courtois and other players of theirs with his revenge bollocks, as if they needed any extra motivation

Mo didn't deserve this award this season for me
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think Virgil van Dijk was the most deserving of this award this season, if it would be any of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I have a bad feeling salah stays and goes on a free....

no way will we replace Mane and Salah in the same window, we won't have the money..

Maybe klopp and fsg think it's best to keep him another season, rather than sell.
    We aren't going to offer him £400k a week or whatever, so his eventual departure at the end of the 22/23 season looks the most likely outcome.

We also can't force anyone to buy him at a price we would be willing to accept given he has one year left. If money is his primary motivation he'll hopefully give us a season with high goalscoring/assisting output (given that we pay out bonuses) and then if he doesn't want to play for this Liverpool side under this Liverpool manager anymore...ta-ra Mo, thanks for the memories and we'll continue to move forward.

Who knows, maybe he's waiting to see if the club matches his ambition with new signings ?
    Though we've heard that before !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Who knows, maybe he's waiting to see if the club matches his ambition with new signings ?
    Though we've heard that before !!
    This is about money. We've just gone the whole way in every competition. What's his ambition?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We aren't going to offer him £400k a week or whatever, so his eventual departure at the end of the 22/23 season looks the most likely outcome.

We also can't force anyone to buy him at a price we would be willing to accept given he has one year left. If money is his primary motivation he'll hopefully give us a season with high goalscoring/assisting output (given that we pay out bonuses) and then if he doesn't want to play for this Liverpool side under this Liverpool manager anymore...ta-ra Mo, thanks for the memories and we'll continue to move forward.
    He has no choice but to have a great season if he decides this is the route he wants to go and run down his contract.

If he shits the bed and goes out and has a crappy season, who's going to offer him that 400k wage payday and contract he's hoping for?

His options were to

(A) get a contract offer for said amount at the end this season and leave for his next club before they realized they had over-paid.
    That plan was foiled when his form went out of the window in the latter half of this season after his AFCON misadventure and we know that now after he confirmed his staying for at least another season, That was the proof that no club had come calling his agent and there were no offers incoming.

(B) sign an extension with us for less than he was hoping for, but be part of a rebuild that would allow him not to be the focus of our attack and the team to have to rely so much on his form being on top all the time and possibly go win more trophies and retire a true legend as a red.

We know which options he's going for now, and why.

But the fact that the likes of Barca are telling him they'll have a place for him when he's on a free next summer - rather than pay what it would take to get him now, should inform him of his worth in today's market.

The club got it exactly right in not going over our wage structure to try and keep him and offer him the contract extension he was looking for.

I for one am looking forward to the next generation of the new Liverpool FC project and team that Klopp has already embarked on and is building with the imminent arrivals of Cavarlho and Nunez, and hopefully a midfield pivot (Gavi?) to go with what we already have.

Let Mo (and Mane) go get the money they're looking for at other clubs willing to pay them.
    We got the best years out of both and nowhere else are they ever going to be as great as they were for us.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

"Let Mo (and Mane) go get the money they're looking for at other clubs willing to pay them.
    We got the best years out of both and nowhere else are they ever going to be as great as they were for us".

A bit disappointed it can end like this, but I have to agree with you, 60-80 mill. for both, talk of 15m for Neco, gossip says 17m for Minamino, and Man u interested in the Ox + all the cash from the PL, CL, FA cup and Carabao cup there is a huge wedge of money there. Last season was one that does not go unnoticed the owners know that and being noticed means a huge jump in sponsorship rates, and FSG must see you have to splash the cash knowing we missed by a hair something that has never been done before

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Exactly, We start changing front 3, 1 by 1, we got Jota previous season, in Jan we got Diaz, now we got Nunez, Salah will be gone next July, I believe we will have another replacement soon, his leaving next season also a good for both sides, he got his new salary he wanted at the new club, we got the time to look for his replacement.

I just wonder why Club allow, 3 up front have the same contract expired date, maybe they are same age?

P/S : I expect Firmino to stay though, I think he won't ask for crazy salary.