Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
Vincinius made a movement sufficient to get on the end of the play.

At the beginning of the pass Trent hasn't moved in time to track Vinny,
At the point Benzema is supposed to clearly obstructs his vision he's not in a position to intercept the pass to Vinny.
It was too late, Vinny had gone and Trent held an offside line.
No just stop, as I said, we'll have to agree to disagree, it's not how I saw it in real time and numerous replays didn't change my opinion of how I saw it real time aside from Vinicius was just about onside, but it was very tight, had Benzema not blocked trent's line of sight, he absolutely could have adjusted his position and stopped the cross, it was his not being able to see it for Benzema and until Benzema moved out of the way of it, that meant it was too late for him to intercept, you can see trent looking, trying to see if the cross is coming in, when it's coming in while also trying to hold Konate's line, he can't see it until it's passed Benzema, that's why Benzema was offside by the letter of the law

I don't think we should play offside in situations like that anyway, it was pretty dumb, if Konate drops and gets tight with Benzema, there's nowhere for the cross to go