Page 689 of 689 FirstFirst ... 189589639679682683684685686687688689
Results 6,881 to 6,882 of 6882

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

I think our style of play hasn't helped with injuries . we play long to wide areas a lot of the time and then try and run and press deep. to try and catch the opposition on the back foot. means you have to sprint a lot and that causes a lot of muscles injuries.
    We struggle to break teams down when we played more of a possession games. I think a bit of both styles is the answer.
    I was getting fed up of us constantly seeing us pinging balls to the wide attackers and it being easily dealt with. by fullbacks.
    then if your midfield doesn't get the press right teams run right through the centre.
    I think we probably run more than any other team. its gonna effect the players bodies. I love Jurgen and wish he wasn't leaving. I just think he got it wrong on the 5 subs thing as well.
    Hopefully we can go back to a more 4/3/3 and use our fullbacks better. So someone has to tell Trent not to drop into the middle. Good luck with him listening.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We haven’t been constantly knocking up balls to the wide attackers this season, we’ve done it maybe 2 or 3 times in some games. We did that when we played both wide players up on the shoulder making runs in behind & it was on to release them and the full back or mid their side was already in a good position to support that ball to pick up any second ball if it didn’t come off

Well the wide forwards have been played deeper & have been dropping for a ball to feet far too much for the most part, & we only have Trent & Virgil who can play those passes, although without the runs in behind the others haven’t had an opportunity to show if they can play them or not

We’ve done most of our unnecessary sprinting through:

Not remaining in good pressing & counter pressing positions or doing it as well as we used to, so have to make up the ground

Having too many players trying to be in space for a nothing 4 yard ball for their stats and not enough picking up to prevent the opposition playing out & countering if a move breaks down allowing them to counter & play through us too easily & having to do long sprints back towards our own area

Which is doubley annoying as we’ve had lots of times having too many players in areas has seen them get in each others way, causing the attack to break down

I don’t think I’ve seen this team turned around through the opposition playing out & transitioning far too easily as many times in the prior 4 seasons combined as I have this season and also getting caught playing out