Page 683 of 702 FirstFirst ... 183583633673676677678679680681682683684685686687688689690693 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,830 of 7011

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

It's a shame that Tanguy Nianzou has such trouble with hamstring injuries.

If a club can work with him to develop him properly and strengthen his body for football, he could be a real asset - more likely he will disappear off the radar in the coming years.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Do you think we'd get 100m?
    I don't see it. Not at 31.
    Don’t underestimate his marketing value. He’d be the face of the Saudi league regardless of age.

The whole situation just makes me very sad.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Don’t underestimate his marketing value. He’d be the face of the Saudi league regardless of age.

Correct on both pints.

Pretty sure that his marketing/sponsorship value to the club is very much factored into why we may keep him beyond this summer too.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post

I guess they'll ensure they sign him the price is near that. I think it would deter any European clubs such as PSG.
    You're absolutely right about it being sad but this is always how the owners operate.
    If an offer like that comes in there's not a prayer they'll knock it back this time. I was not on board with selling him last season. Perfectly happy to see him finish his career at LFC but I don't think that happens.
    I'd just hope that a fee as high as 100m would get ploughed straight back into the squad but........
    Another point is that he's still got plenty more to give. He doesn't need to go to that dead end Saudi league.

Athletic reporting that they expect him to stay another season.

I guess they'll ensure they sign him the price is near that. I think it would deter any European clubs such as PSG.
    You're absolutely right about it being sad but this is always how the owners operate.
    If an offer like that comes in there's not a prayer they'll knock it back this time. I was not on board with selling him last season. Perfectly happy to see him finish his career at LFC but I don't think that happens.
    I'd just hope that a fee as high as 100m would get ploughed straight back into the squad but........
    Another point is that he's still got plenty more to give. He doesn't need to go to that dead end Saudi league.
    A few points.

- £100m is a lot of money for a 31yo with 1 year left on his contract. That kind of money in this scenario makes it a no brainer. It's a totally different question if it's 'only' say £50m.

- To be fair to the owners, the money we've received from transfers has gone back into the playing squad (whether we sign the right players is a different argument.

- If we get another year of Post AFCON Mo then every man and his dog will be screaming 'why didn't we sell him when had the chance. Absolutely guaranteed!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

"To be fair to the owners".

You mean you credit the owner for not pilfering from the transfer kitty while at the same time running the club on a so called self sustaining model. So not a penny put in and a clap when they don't steal. I will remind you that despite claims to the contrary we are paying interest on the loan they said they would not take for the Anfield road stand which is STILL not yet finished.. 13 years and counting...

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/0...-debts-of-88m/

Quality...

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    A few points.

- £100m is a lot of money for a 31yo with 1 year left on his contract. That kind of money in this scenario makes it a no brainer. It's a totally different question if it's 'only' say £50m.

- To be fair to the owners, the money we've received from transfers has gone back into the playing squad (whether we sign the right players is a different argument.

- If we get another year of Post AFCON Mo then every man and his dog will be screaming 'why didn't we sell him when had the chance. Absolutely guaranteed!
    Yes 100m is a lot. It makes perfect business sense, FSG will find it hard to turn down. He may though dig his heels in see out his contract and go for nothing.
    It wouldn't bother me one bit if he stays but if he goes and we see him back on form I'd be disappointed, especially if we sign a replacement who flops but that's a risk with any transfer.

100% agreed. For whatever reason, it’s not clicking for him or the team at the moment, however he’s still got a hell of a lot to offer and he knows it. That’s why I think we’ll get another season out of him unless we get an insane offer.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

athletic reporting that they expect him to stay another season.
    sell sell sell