Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

I think Tielemans could be interesting, he looked really good at one point. Leicester seem to have lost a lot of what made them compete and just seem to be heading one way.
    Could be a different player under Klopp, different set up,better players etc.
    I think he'd be a good signing and would certainly strengthen the midfield.

We need a few midfielders going forward.. Ox and Keita are on the way out. Its a shame really. you cant use both of them for spare parts.you could probably get 1 full fit footballer out of both of them.. well i take that back . maybe they could be fit once in a while rather than never.
    Last edited by justme; 31st August 2022 at 12:01 PM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

we could do with both, might not be amazing but at least they're not injury prone and out all season constantly and better than Jones and milner let's face it

probably not even far off henderson at this point.

I'd rather we sign Tielemans than arsenal... we have no similar player really apart from Thiago..

Both players linked too cheap due to contract expiring next summer.. it's the FSG way

get it done.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 31st August 2022 at 01:09 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

We should have maybe held onto Minamino. I know he isn't the midfielder we are looking for but he was adaptable.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    We should have maybe held onto Minamino. I know he isn't the midfielder we are looking for but he was adaptable.
    if we refuse to buy anyone yes vin

But we needed to make up the money.. this is what I mean... we aren't allowed to have "extra players" or more depth because we have to sell to buy.

I'd of much rather have kept Neco around than buy a cheaper younger version, he's class and I think he would get more game-time heck Trent could of tried to play in midfield more.
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Stop gap was the wrong term. I meant that we don't need a £80 to £100m player. I agree about Laimer. I would also look at Neves or Tielmans (although not a perfect fit). TBH Nunes (that went to Wolves) was an ideal choice who wanted to sign.
    Ah, I follow you now.

Yeah, we can improve the depth with a signing for sure.

If we aren't getting a starting XI player in this Summer (pretty clear we aren't) then they need to be at a level that's competitive with the Milner/Keita kind of depth in terms of ability.

Don't see the point in buying someone to be 6th-choice or lower. For me you spend relatively "big" on starting XI lads, find undervalued lads for the 12th-17th kind of spots and ideally 18th-25th can be supplemented by youth and bargain bin deals.

That way we can be competitive, but very sustainable. I don't care if other clubs spend mega-bucks - if the banks decide to collect their debt, some of those clubs are in deep Didgeridoo.

Where FSG fall down a bit for me is not making that one extra signing occasionally for the starting XI or the 12th-17th slot. Outside of that I largely like how they operate.

For next Season

Bellinghamammama
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Henderson (I'd like trent to try and learn hendos role)
    Laimer
    Tielemans

Jones- Loan (Or keep and not sign Laimer)

Would look a lot better age wise- and quality wise with options such as Elliot and are new lil coutinho being able to play a role if needed too.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 31st August 2022 at 01:28 PM.
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    But that might cost a few quid Vin and we don’t want to spend any money. Times are hard following the pandemic. Ok not for mr - £1,000,000,000 (that’s 9 zero’s) a year in net wealth increase - Henry.

We probably need to win a few trophies first…go close in a title race… you know play more games?

That kinda thing.
    I doubt we'll ever know the truth, but if we were seriously snubbed by Tchouameni, surely we still have those funds available, even if we were offering a lot less than the £85m that RM eventually paid.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think Tielemans could be interesting, he looked really good at one point. Leicester seem to have lost a lot of what made them compete and just seem to be heading one way.
    Could be a different player under Klopp, different set up,better players etc.
    I think he'd be a good signing and would certainly strengthen the midfield.
    Wildly overrated, he's simply woeful in the press and counter press and when pressed, he just shrinks, withers and disappears from games
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Wildly overrated, he's simply woeful in the press and counter press and when pressed, he just shrinks, withers and disappears from games
    Exactly.