Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Rice would be worth a shout if Captain Fantasstic thinks he can hone him into his successor
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Rice would be worth a shout if Captain Fantasstic thinks he can hone him into his successor
    I'd very happily have him here.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Most owners make money from football clubs.

This will come via dividends, selling shares or selling the club outright. Some also will appoint themselves into a position meaning they get a personal salary - I think Levy gets £6,000,000-per-year as his for example.

If you want to provide a long list of owners that pump their own personal money in without taking money out eventually, feel free.

I am of the opinion that ALL clubs should only be spending the funds they generate themselves. If you disagree with that principle, that's no problem at all.
    We're now earning more than the filthy, who have huge debt repayments each year and have continually spent far more on managers transfers and wages than us

Just where the FUCK is all our revenue going? The Glazers sure as shit aren't putting their own money in
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Thought you didn't like him?

Just where the FUCK is all our revenue going? The Glazers sure as shit aren't putting their own money in
    Good question.

Some still tied up infrastructure you'd imagine, though I think most of the stadium redevelopment is covered.

Our wage bill is around the £360m mark, which is substantial. We have incentivised contracts, so whilst pay-outs go up when we reach Finals and win things, the wage bill might (and I am speculating here!) go down by a percentage if we miss out on Europe - the Mancs have something like this in place for the wages of their lads.

Think we still owe something like £114m in transfer fees as of the last set of accounts as well. Worth of course bearing in mind that the accounts are always out of date so I have no idea what that figure will stand at now and how little/much of deals for lads like Núñez and Gakpo have or haven't been paid off.

We also pay a lot on agent fees - not just for transfers but for contract renewals.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We would be struggling with our midfield from 2019, 2020,2021 or even last season - at this point in time.

The entire setup has tanked. There are no goals, Trent looks like he is suffering depression and Konate, despite looking like an accident waiting to happen is arguably our strongest option with Virgil out.

That is scary in itself
    Yet they think bellingham will solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Yet they think bellingham will solve this problem.
    I think anyone who believes that Bellingham alone will fix our problems is living in a fantasy land.

But his (as yet hypothetical) arrival would certainly be a percentage gain in the right direction.

They will bust the bank for Jude then surround him by mediocrity. Back to the days of Stevie and not much else. Dark days ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    They will bust the bank for Jude then surround him by mediocrity. Back to the days of Stevie and not much else. Dark days ahead.
    Bellingham (if he arrives) will need a quality colleague in the middle of the park, no question.

We've largely targeted the attack over the last 12 months - Núñez, Gakpo, Carvalho, Diaz all coming in - Ramsay too.

Think it should be a case of targeting the midfield over the next year or so and then defence after that.

Núñez/Salah/Gakpo/Jota/Diaz/Carvalho/Doak/Elliott doesn't look a terrible roster of forward-thinking players to me for next season with the obvious (and rather large) caveat of sorting out our injury issues.

Ditto Trent/Ramsay/Robertson/Tsimikas/Van Dijk/Matip/Konate/Gomez/Van den Berg is a viable set of defensive options, though I'd really like to upgrade in the centre-back area as soon as we possibly can.

Ox, Keita and Milner should be departing. If Bellingham arrives you are looking at Henderson/Thiago/Fabinho/Bellingham/Bajcetic/Jones/Morton in the central areas - that needs at least one more as much as I think the youth/hunger of Morton and Bajcetic could be a really useful asset. However if we did get Rice or Nunes to add to the above then things look a lot better. Not title-contention better, but definitely better.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Thought you didn't like him?
    That was last time..hes good now. until next time and he won't be
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century