Page 18 of 702 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021222324252868118518 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Ronaldo more than worthy. Phenomenal return in a shite and floundering United side under 1.5 managers too.

Kane barely had a Kick until after Christmas. So much revisionism
    I know you have a bratwurst on for Thiago on account of his time at Bayern, but he hasn't delivered that here or anything like it and even for you it is absolutely incredible to suggest he is in there on any kind of merit, Rodri was the second best midfielder in the Prem after The Bacon last season, sadly miles better and more productive than Thiago or Fab have ever been or will ever be for us
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Who plays as the 10?
    In a 4-2-3-1?

There are lots of folks in our squad I would be happy to see playing there, as much as anything to see how capable they are or aren't. The obvious caveat being that every point counts when competing against Man City.

Firmino and Carvalho, Jones and Elliott, Keita, Ox if he stayed, Minamino if he stayed - there's a few I would be happy to see us trial there.

Firmino's main issue would be his inclination to give the ball away but he does have some lovely capacity to create space for folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Best in a 433, we don't have the mids to play a 2 in a 4231, we don't have a top class No10, Diaz is our best LFWD

We do finally have another viable option at RFWD in place of Mo, Nunez gives us a genuine option for all four (LFWD RFWD False 9 No9) forward positions

I could see 4231 tried in some games, I would expect given Nunez assuming all forward positions quite naturally, it will be given time for players to get used to interchanging positions with him and it'll more likely be tried after that has had some time to happen and start working
    We have Fab, Hendo & Thiago all shown to be more than capable of playing in a 2 in the formation.

The 10 Role could see Bobby and more getting minutes there but Diaz has a nice mix of the qualities for the role.

As it stands that's my best 11 presently with Thiago & Bobby on the bench and routinely starting over the season.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Next up for our transfers should be a rwf capable player.

Feel it is the only area where we are too reliant on Salah which isn't a problem if he's in form.
    Minamino could do a job but not really ideal
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

I know you have a bratwurst on for Thiago on account of his time at Bayern, but he hasn't delivered that here or anything like it and even for you it is absolutely incredible to suggest he is in there on any kind of merit, Rodri was the second best midfielder in the Prem after The Bacon last season, sadly miles better and more productive than Thiago or Fab have ever been or will ever be for us
    Nothing wrong with a good Bratwurst. Especially ‘mit senf’.

It’s all Subjective mate but surely Ronaldo did very well?

And darn it you set me up with another Partridge. This ones a beaut too.

Last edited by Steveo; 14th June 2022 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Minamino could do a job but not really ideal
    True, performed when given the chance.

Need someone who Klopp would put in for Salah, and as the second half of last season showed he wasn't benching Mo for anyone really.
    Taki only getting a league start v Southampton when there was a lot of rotation.

Maybe trying to keep him happy coming into the summer. Maybe backing his star man. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    In a 4-2-3-1?

There are lots of folks in our squad I would be happy to see playing there, as much as anything to see how capable they are or aren't. The obvious caveat being that every point counts when competing against Man City.

Firmino and Carvalho, Jones and Elliott, Keita, Ox if he stayed, Minamino if he stayed - there's a few I would be happy to see us trial there.

Firmino's main issue would be his inclination to give the ball away but he does have some lovely capacity to create space for folks.
    I'd rather not dabble and piss around trying to fit square pegs into round holes, we don't have the pivot mids, the attacking mids or the No10

Nothing wrong with a good Bratwurst mate. Especially ‘mit senf’.

9 of them seem pretty easy to pick

............Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Cancelo
    Salah Kdb Rodri Son

Think you could make the case for any 2 of these for the remaining spots.

Kane, Mane, Ronaldo, Bowen, Toney or Bastardo Silva

Nothing wrong with a good Bratwurst. Especially ‘mit senf’.

I'd rather not dabble and piss around trying to fit square pegs into round holes, we don't have the pivot mids, the attacking mids or the No10
    Wouldn't be much different than last season.

Just this way the third Midfielder come fourth attacker wouldn't be your beloved Henderson.

He along with Fab & Thiago would be tasked with playing deeper, to accommodate a player like Diaz or Bobby.

Players who operate better in tight spaces and are more naturally a 10/Front3 type,
    Certainly moreso than ZZenderson