Page 501 of 703 FirstFirst ... 401451491494495496497498499500501502503504505506507508511551601 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 7023

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

It will have to be someone not on the radar as Chelsea have agreed fees for both players.

Who gives a fuck how much Chelsea paid, this is seriously embarrassing for us / FSG especially when we play them tomorrow.

Hope we smash 5 past them.

Only dumbass Chelsea would offer a kid a nine year contract at 250k a week. They really are a circus. How long does anyone last there?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Season will be over by january if we don't bring anyone in

lack of ambition is madness
    We will bring someone in and I think the £84m bid for Bellingham, the £95m up front for Szoboszlai and Mac Allister (versus usual amortised fees) plus the £46m Lavia bid and £111m Caicedo bid suggest we are willing to spend to a relative extent.

These on the back of acquiring the £37m Diaz, the £65m rising to £85m Núñez and the £35m rising to £45m Gakpo within less than 2 years.

To buy 3 first-team attackers and (almost) buy 3 first-team midfielders within 20 or so months might not be as full-bodied a set of business as what some of the other clubs around us have been doing, granted. But I don't think we lack ambition - just have a very different way of doing things, which has faults to go with the merits.

I do think we'll bring someone in - but not a "for the sake of it" signing. I don't want to bring in the Kabak and....whatever the other fella's name was when Konate wasn't available.

I bet FSG will have taken out loans against the club for Szoboszlai and Mac Allister

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Only dumbass Chelsea would offer a kid a nine year contract at 250k a week. They really are a circus. How long does anyone last there?
    How the hell are they getting away with giving a 9 year contract ?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We will bring someone in and I think the £84m bid for Bellingham, the £95m up front for Szoboszlai and Mac Allister (versus usual amortised fees) plus the £46m Lavia bid and £111m Caicedo bid suggest we are willing to spend to a relative extent.

These on the back of acquiring the £37m Diaz, the £65m rising to £85m Núñez and the £35m rising to £45m Gakpo within less than 2 years.

To buy 3 first-team attackers and (almost) buy 3 first-team midfielders within 20 or so months might not be as full-bodied a set of business as what some of the other clubs around us have been doing, granted. But I don't think we lack ambition - just have a very different way of doing things, which has faults to go with the merits.

I do think we'll bring someone in - but not a "for the sake of it" signing. I don't want to bring in the Kabak and....whatever the other fella's name was when Konate wasn't available.
    Amortisation as I understand it is an accounting practice, it makes no odds if you pay up front or in installments. It's a way of presenting your books on paper.

Need to see players added fairly quickly now, assuming the latest BS reporting actually materialises, that cfc sign both lavia and caicedo.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    What a pity the club even approached Brighton on the first place.

Just hope we go quietly about our business and sign Lavia and a young 23 year ish old CB
    Agree Miller. They've made themselves look like total wallies. It was all about showing off.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    How the hell are they getting away with giving a 9 year contract ?
    Sham league, sham sport anymore. It’s 20 corporations of varying degrees of shadiness. They are worse now than when Roman came in to be honest. Luckily they are also rudderless and a mid table plaything for a clueless billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Sham league, sham sport anymore. It’s 20 corporations of varying degrees of shadiness. They are worse now than when Roman came in to be honest. Luckily they are also rudderless and a mid table plaything for a clueless billionaire.
    I thought there was a new rule clubs could only offer no more than 5 year deals.
    Somethings fucked up in all this.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I thought there was a new rule clubs could only offer no more than 5 year deals.
    Somethings fucked up in all this.
    The 5-year thing refers to payments.

Let's say Chelsea bought a £100m player and signed him on a 10-year contract. That's fine.

What they CAN'T do (and this is only a recent change) is pay £10m per year for those 10 years - at best they can pay £20m per year for the first 5 years of the contract - it has to be paid in 5 years.

Think that's the right way of it and should anyone want to correct that, please do.