Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

No reason why Lavia shouldn’t refuse a Chelsea offer and come to us. He won’t play much at Chelsea to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    No reason why Lavia shouldn’t refuse a Chelsea offer and come to us. He won’t play much at Chelsea to be honest.
    If rumours are to be believed, Chelsea have offered 55mil. So we will have to match that. Now paying 5mil over the 50mil they wanted. And wasted what, 3 weeks on this debacle?

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    If rumours are to be believed, Chelsea have offered 55mil. So we will have to match that. Now paying 5mil over the 50mil they wanted. And wasted what, 3 weeks on this debacle?
    Agree, nobody comes out looking good here. Not sure what other options are left. Where is Balotelli when you need him!

I don't think we'll go back for Lavia. I think they'll move onto other targets now.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I don't think we'll go back for Lavia. I think they'll move onto other targets now.
    Makes you wonder though. If Lavia was out number 1 target we should have paid the 50mil. Chelsea have just gotten their number 1 by going all out. We haggled over 3 / 4 mil. Now down to 3rd or 4tg choice? Not saying it won't work out but the strategy at this time of the window looks a bit, shit.

If Chelsea get Lavia as well we look absolutely ridiculous, why couldn’t we just pay what was needed , I’m sick of our transfer business , we are like the person at the end of a meal who adds up exactly what they had and pays no more .

Yep haggled is right. Now they look like fools who got schooled by a player’s agent and a dirty club that is ruthless.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyliver View Post
    If Chelsea get Lavia as well we look absolutely ridiculous, why couldn’t we just pay what was needed , I’m sick of our transfer business , we are like the person at the end of a meal who adds up exactly what they had and pays no more .
    Would love to know klopps thoughts / involvements in all of this. He must be raging but what was his input in it all.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Yep haggled is right. Now they look like fools who got schooled by a player’s agent and a dirty club that is ruthless.
    It does look like the agent used us in this one.

Makes you wonder though. If Lavia was out number 1 target we should have paid the 50mil. Chelsea have just gotten their number 1 by going all out. We haggled over 3 / 4 mil. Now down to 3rd or 4tg choice? Not saying it won't work out but the strategy at this time of the window looks a bit, shit.
    Agree. They're tightness has caught them out again.
    Then they went balls out on a move that was pure showing off and it's blew up in their faces.
    Made them look silly and we'll pay a higher price on any target now.