Page 677 of 692 FirstFirst ... 177577627667670671672673674675676677678679680681682683684687 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,770 of 6919

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    "Allegedly " Liverpool representatives were watching Gyokeres for Sporting yesterday. Scored twice.
    Hungarian name - might help Szobozlai feel more at home

Hes Swedish
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Osihmen’s our man

Gyokeres looks good at a glance to be fair scores bundles of goals too but as with Nunez we know it’s much easier to score shit loads of goals in that league, although looking at his goals this season there aren’t as many I’m looking at thinking “A Prem keeper saves that easily” & why I always thought of Nunez as a doer upper (and still do) was about a third to a half of the ones he scored in that league were ones I thought that about

Only looked at Gyokeres on a couple YouTube compilations but you can see what he’s about.
    Not convinced he’s what we need, big lad, not particularly quick, or skilful, relies on power rather than clever finishing.
    Maybe harsh but looks more like a player who would score 30 in the Championship and 10 in the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Hes Swedish
    We all know that - but his name is about as Swedish as your's is Albanian.

Hungarian forefather.. hence my post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor...#Personal_life

'Gyökeres was born and raised in Stockholm,[64] and is of Hungarian descent through his grandfather.[65][66]

You didn't seriously think 'Zlatan Ibrahimovic' was a native Swede too did you - with all that extremely un-Nordic skill and technique?

Swedish Techinque...?

Naaah..
    \

Always worth a watch JUST for those who never quite got it.

Born in Sweden - made in the Balkans.

With Robertson looking like a player who could use more rotation to find his best and Tsimikas having certain limitations, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we targeted a left-back.

Particularly given the Michael Edwards Modus Operandi of looking for players in the 22-26 age range and knowing that we will (bit by bit) need to look at eventually replacing the Alisson/Van Dijk/Robertson/Salah "leadership" group as it can't last forever.

Could easily foresee a situation where we sell one of those 4 per season over a 4-year period.

Rayan Aït-Nouri at Wolves would fit the "Premier League experience" bill and is a good age at 22 so I'd half expect us to look into that.

I've just seen some reports that the club might be looking at making a bid for Mohammed Kudus at West Ham and from Ghana.

From the highlights I've seen of their games, he gives off a strong "Mane" vibe with the way he plays and I could see where the interest would lie for Edwards in a player such as him.

He's young, has tremendous upside, loves to go right at opposing defenders and has great control of the ball and a great shot in him with lots of pace.
    He's also quite popular with Hammers fans and undoubtedly their club would demand a considerably high fee for him, which is why the figure of £150 million is being quoted as a possible fee.

That seems a bit much but considering we were ready to splonk down 110 Mil for Caicedo just last summer, it wouldn't surprise me greatly if the club made such a statement bid during the summer after Klopp's departure.

Also he plays on the right wing or the right-side of midfield - which adds more explanation for why the interest as it would seem the club would be eyeing him as a straight replacement for Mo.
    And that would be the other aspect of this story that would make it make sense as a Mo departure (presumably for a Saudi Club) could potentially bring in the necessary fee to make that bid and still not break the club's spending structure.
    All while trading up a 31 (and soon to be 32) year old attacker for a 23 year old with great promise and potential, who already has Premier league experience (and presumably wouldn't need the bedding in period that transfer from abroad usually need).

Having said all that, this story seems to be coming from Ghanaian press sources, so take it with the requisite chunk of salt it deserves, and I still don't see us spending that much on one player not rhyming with "Cillian Shmappe".

And if we did get him, I wouldn't be too keen on losing him to AFCON in January every other year, but I guess that's small beans concerns.

But that forward line does need refreshing as it's simply not firing on all cylinders at the moment.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Kudus wouldn’t be a bad capture at all