Page 101 of 149 FirstFirst ... 5191949596979899100101102103104105106107108111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1484

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    According to a report from Caught Offside, who reference reports from Italian publication Corriere Dello Sport, the Anfield club have submitted an offer to AC Milan for Algerian midfielder Ismael Bennacer. The 25-year old joined the Serie A champions for €16 million plus bonuses in the summer of 2019 having performed well at league rivals Empoli.
    Rather we go for Amrabat based on the showing of the world cup probably not much to go on

But he was incredible for Morroco v spain in midfield
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Well yeah we’re linked with him too obvs. We’re linked with every midfielder in world football who has a good game.

“Tottenham and Liverpool are interested in signing Morocco midfielder Sofyan Amrabat, 26, from Fiorentina when the transfer window opens in January. (90min)”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Endrick to Real Madrid looks close.

Going to be big money on a 16-year old.

Will be just another addition to the absolute destruction of the market.
    €72 million apparently which is a ridiculous figure for a 16 year old who won't be able to make the move until he turns 18. He must be good...

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    €72 million apparently which is a ridiculous figure for a 16 year old who won't be able to make the move until he turns 18. He must be good...
    He'd need to be! Absolutely insane price for a player of that age.

So much noise just now with us and Bellingham. I'm now in the "I actually think this is going to happen" camp despite the fee.

Been saying it for over a year. Everything he’s said and done since breaking into the England team has pointed to it, including who he has hung out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    He'd need to be! Absolutely insane price for a player of that age.

So much noise just now with us and Bellingham. I'm now in the "I actually think this is going to happen" camp despite the fee.
    Me too. I think we're going to sign him. There's at least 2 credible people come out and intimated. Falk and the guy at Dortmund.
    I really think this will be a Virgil moment, Klopp will have said he wants him by hook or by crook in my opinion.
    The defining moments in our lives are never planned.

It’s the hope that kills you fellas. Don’t do it. Make out like it will never happen. Then IF it does - you can enjoy it al the more… really bask in the glow..

We need 2
    Jude may join our crock list

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It’s the hope that kills you fellas. Don’t do it. Make out like it will never happen. Then IF it does - you can enjoy it al the more… really bask in the glow..
    I'll be absolutely fine if he doesn't join. There's always another player.

But Trent and Hendo sure are making the effort to be seen to be with Jude when it comes to social media and all that - and so much of that stuff is carefully managed. If we had no chance of acquiring him you would think someone from our PR team or whatever would tell the relevant parties to stop cultivating the clicks.

Bellingham's parents also seem really sensible. Jude himself had the temperament to be a future England Captain and is a handsome fella, so potentially extremely marketable - something that we might make the most of given our shrewd/frugal/whatever set-up.

Also, if he joined at age 20 and gave us 6 or 7 years he would STILL have time to go to Real Madrid or wherever in the future if he so wished.

Also we will have wages coming off the bill - those of Ox/Keita/Milner likely sooner rather than later, then the likes of Thiago may not extend (or an extension may be short) - think his contract is up at the end of next season.

Mbappe - never going to happen. Bellingham? Maybe - just maybe. He could be the shining jewel in a cluster of young English lads going forward for us and be someone we can point to when trying to recruit young talent before their value sky-rockets.

FSG are big on value-for-money as we know. Whilst the initial outlay for Bellingham would be big (and thus arguably undesirable) they may see the upside of being able to recruit plenty of lads in future who are young for £10m-£30m apiece rather than forking out £60m+ each time for fully developed 23+ year-old Homegrown players. Not all of us may endorse such a strategy of course, but I definitely foresee more of the Elliott/Carvalho/Ramsay sort of business being conducted, plus trust shown to Academy lads - bolstered of course by first-team purchases as/when required like with Diaz, Núñez, Thiago etc.

All true