Page 105 of 110 FirstFirst ... 555959899100101102103104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1092

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Won't learn English won't learn to place his shots. Get rid
    Yep

I'm definitely alone on this one then - fair enough.

If we take penalties out of the equation then this season in the League (Mo has scored 5) it's -

12 goals and 9 assists for Salah in about 2,250 minutes.
    11 goals and 8 assists for Núñez in about 1,950 minutes.

Fully on board with him needing to continue to improve and particularly to put more of his chances away, but I'll definitely continue to back the lad, much as he can frustrate.

He's scored 11 goals and missed 26 big chances in the league this season according to sofascore.

I his last season at benfica he scored 26 and missed 14 big chances in the league.

The keepers must be shocking in Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

If we take penalties out of the equation then this season in the League (Mo has scored 5) it's -

Fully on board with him needing to continue to improve and particularly to put more of his chances away, but I'll definitely continue to back the lad, much as he can frustrate.
    In terms of him taking chances it's very doubtful that will change up much with him. He doesn't have the composure, you look at someone like Watkins, he's been immense this season and his scoring has improved massively. He was missing lots of chances last season but this season he's changed that. It can be done but personally I don't see Nunez doing it.

Our forwards have still put away a hell of a lot this season overrall,it's just dried up at the wrong time.
    I'm looking at Salah now and I hate to say it but he just looks done at this point. If he stays he may recapture form but age says it's unlikely so that leaves a gaping hole in terms of goals.
    Summer will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

That's all that matters then, 10 more years

hope the next manager has more of a clue.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Story of every game?
    Yeah for the most part
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I’d like to see us move for another No9 like Osihmen & keep Nunez & use him at LFWD & RFWD as he just seems to be a lot better from those areas & play him some games at 9 because surely even he’s going to learn training & playing with a 9 like Osihmen

Díaz I don’t think there’s anywhere near enough end product he must have missed almost as many big chances of Nunez but what the stats don’t cover is the amount of chances to create a big chance d Díaz has fucked up, it’s off the charts, he played a really poor ball or to the wrong player when he should be putting one in a plate soooo many times it’s ridiculous

Id keep Diaz and ditch Nunez. anyway it comes down to how much money we will get. we should have at least 250 million to spend (looks at owners) don't forget we had 110 million ready for Caicedo. also with sales in the summer. Salah will leave and couple more + the money for getting into the champions league.
    So lets see if the new manager gets backed. or will it be count your coppers again time from the owners while they make billions.
    I thinks thats more likely. would explain why we got Edwards back to keep old of the purse strings, just up the owners alley that is.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I’d like to see us move for another No9 like Osihmen & keep Nunez & use him at LFWD & RFWD as he just seems to be a lot better from those areas & play him some games at 9 because surely even he’s going to learn training & playing with a 9 like Osihmen

Díaz I don’t think there’s anywhere near enough end product he must have missed almost as many big chances of Nunez but what the stats don’t cover is the amount of chances to create a big chance d Díaz has fucked up, it’s off the charts, he played a really poor ball or to the wrong player when he should be putting one in a plate soooo many times it’s ridiculous
    By wrong ball I mean when the runs right and he clearly sees it, doesn’t play it when it’s on, takes another touch & thr chance is gone, or the runs right, he sees it, & executes the pass poorly when a big chance should otherwise be created

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    In terms of him taking chances it's very doubtful that will change up much with him. He doesn't have the composure, you look at someone like Watkins, he's been immense this season and his scoring has improved massively. He was missing lots of chances last season but this season he's changed that. It can be done but personally I don't see Nunez doing it.
    Agree fully that Núñez isn't naturally "cool" in front of goal. He lacks what players like Henry or Torres had.

I do think he can improve. Do I think he will go on to be a 30-per-season sort of striker? Unfortunately no. I do however think that with the right sort of finishing drills, he can put a few more away and be a functioning part of a rotated front three.

Thierry Henry, Michael Owen and Daniel Sturridge have all praised him at different points.

All had things to say on his finishing - Henry on him needing to get a trademark/muscle memory sort of finish, Owen similar on shot selection (scored a chip which Owen said is a 2-in-10 chance when a curled instep or around the keeper are 7-in-10 chances) and Sturridge on drilling finishes at match speed from the positions he takes up most regularly on the pitch.

I'd be doing everything in my power to get some of the above into place and I'd look at using him on the left (perhaps the right too if Salah goes) while we target a central forward and/or rotate Gakpo/Jota/Danns up top.

I don't think Darwin is on a trajectory to be the "main man" up top but we can definitely use him.