Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 75797100101102103104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1098

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Nah mate I didn't think that. I took see how stats can paint an often skewed picture.
    Exactly…and they are valid stats too, just that they don’t tell close to the whole story,

After the 0:0 draw v the Filth at Anfield there were comparisons between the win rates of Klopp and Tent Peg after the same number of games…. They were pretty similar tbf - surprisingly so - BUT what went before and the circumstances were polar opposites

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    That is sometimes the problem with stats doesn't paint the entire picture. Sadio Mane quality wise already in his first 5 games we knew he was the absolute real deal. That first game against Arsenal his performance and his goal he was class and was class since. Nunez has been potential for 2 seasons and has missed big chances. As a 9 and the money spent he has actually failed to deliver the title. Had he scored more and scored in crucial moments it would be different story perhaps.

But let us analyze the stat

Nunez 33 goals in 92 games averaging almost a goal every 3 games. Almost all of his games have been as a number 9.

Sadio Mane 33 goals in 73 games. So he scored the same amount of goals in 20 less games as a wide forward.

So the stat is misleading. A number 9 at Liverpool should score 1 in every 2 games. Nunez as acceptable should be on 45-55 goals. Watkins, Solanke are outscoring him in teams that created much less.

Darwin Ninez is not going to work out. He is not good enough to play for Liverpool. He is not the worst striker we have had in recent years but as pure number 9 he is extremely underwhelming.
    Stats are best when you add details - I've taken the below from Transfermarkt

Darwin all comps first 2 seasons
    33 goals
    17 assists
    92 games
    5,331 minutes

Mane all comps first 2 seasons
    33 goals
    16 assists
    73 games
    5,907 minutes

Mane played less games but more minutes. 1 less Assist than Darwin in more minutes.
    For me minutes are better than games.

Goal or assist per minute
    Darwin per 106.6 v Mane per 120.5

Darwin will be 25 this summer, Mane was 24 when he signed.
    Mane had 2 years PL experience with Southampton, Darwins just completing that at LFC.

Manes English fluency was never that strong. Darwins learning the language too and not much different in terms of fluency. Mane had a 2 year headstart on the language working on the souf coast.

Darwins played 59.23 * 90 minute games and scored 33 goals.

I get peoples frustrations and cricisms of him, but its still early days for him.

Sadio all comps at LFC
    Played 269
    Scored 120
    Assisted 42
    Goal or assist per 133.3 minutes

Sadie at LFC & RWF only
    Played 44
    Scored 21
    Assisted 8
    Goal or assist per 122.3 minutes

I think he needs the right development

Play minutes at LFWD RFWD No9 & even false nine to improve his hold up & link up play and getting back to Nick it off toes to one of ours when at No9 to try & develop him into a forward that can play any of those positions and who will play right across the line taking up those positions with good movement and positioning when starting at No9

On finishing I think playing with recognisable patterns of play & movement & triggers for movement One thing Mane & Mo had in their favour was the consistency of the positions in which they received the ball and the consistency of the quality of ball to them. You’re obviously going to improve your conversion rate that way

Mane used what was happening on our right to centre as triggers fit his trade mark runs & movement absolutely superbly & when it was one the the longer balls he almost always made sure we won it at first or second attempt He terrorised defenders with his runs, physicality, pace, his ability to stop & go & leave them standing and he had the hugely underrated skill of doing enough when he couldn’t win the header to make sure they couldn’t get a good clearing header in it either

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Stats are best when you add details - I've taken the below from Transfermarkt

Darwin all comps first 2 seasons
    33 goals
    17 assists
    92 games
    5,331 minutes

Mane all comps first 2 seasons
    33 goals
    16 assists
    73 games
    5,907 minutes

Mane played less games but more minutes. 1 less Assist than Darwin in more minutes.
    For me minutes are better than games.

Goal or assist per minute
    Darwin per 106.6 v Mane per 120.5

Darwin will be 25 this summer, Mane was 24 when he signed.
    Mane had 2 years PL experience with Southampton, Darwins just completing that at LFC.

Manes English fluency was never that strong. Darwins learning the language too and not much different in terms of fluency. Mane had a 2 year headstart on the language working on the souf coast.

Darwins played 59.23 * 90 minute games and scored 33 goals.

I get peoples frustrations and cricisms of him, but its still early days for him.

Sadio all comps at LFC
    Played 269
    Scored 120
    Assisted 42
    Goal or assist per 133.3 minutes

Sadie at LFC & RWF only
    Played 44
    Scored 21
    Assisted 8
    Goal or assist per 122.3 minutes
    Mane played on the left........ Nunez is liverpools #9 you might say ohh "the system" let's see how many chances our number #9 has had shall we? any decent striker, would be scoring a lot more, put it that way, and i mean even solanke. also how much did are "Star striker" cost again in comparison?

bit different.....

Stats stats stats, let's see how many chances,. and clear cut chances mane missed compared to Nunez eh?

lets compare them both how much either has cost us points????? hmm i wonder

fucking stupid, stop trying to justify and defend him.

"oh he's scored some goals he's not that bad" Simple fucking way of putting what you're saying, NO FUCKING SHIT when he gets 20 chances a game, also a lot created by "salah" who apparently is "shit" now

Get over your fucking stats it's all you post you're obsessed, there's so much more to it rafa. it's the facts.

Time to settle in? you having a laugh? that's a load of shit too he's been here long enough, there's players similar that have come over, smashed it..... maybe take a few months to get going, but not years ffs get a grip these are professional footballers at the top level, i'm sure he's good enoughfor money for a intensive english course....

I don't know why people defend the clown so much, he's just very average, any other player he'd be getting so much stick.....

Some of the performances, have been the worst i've seen of a striker in the fucking prem it's not acceptable, how anyone can justify them...... jesus fucking christ, top reds i guess.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 27th April 2024 at 11:55 AM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Mane played on the left........ Nunez is liverpools #9 you might say ohh "the system" let's see how many chances our number #9 has had shall we? any decent striker, would be scoring a lot more, put it that way, and i mean even solanke. also how much did are "Star striker" cost again in comparison?

bit different.....

Stats stats stats, let's see how many chances,. and clear cut chances mane missed compared to Nunez eh?

lets compare them both how much either has cost us points????? hmm i wonder

fucking stupid, stop trying to justify and defend him.

"oh he's scored some goals he's not that bad" Simple fucking way of putting what you're saying, NO FUCKING SHIT when he gets 20 chances a game, also a lot created by "salah" who apparently is "shit" now

Get over your fucking stats it's all you post you're obsessed, there's so much more to it rafa. it's the facts.

Time to settle in? you having a laugh? that's a load of shit too he's been here long enough, there's players similar that have come over, smashed it..... maybe take a few months to get going, but not years ffs get a grip these are professional footballers at the top level, i'm sure he's good enoughfor money for a intensive english course....

I don't know why people defend the clown so much, he's just very average, any other player he'd be getting so much stick.....

Some of the performances, have been the worst i've seen of a striker in the fucking prem it's not acceptable, how anyone can justify them...... jesus fucking christ, top reds i guess.
    Darwin at LFC playing lwf only

Played 20
    Scored 9
    Assisted 4
    1,273 minutes

Goal or Assist per 97.9 minutes
    Those are included in the above total stats. Both Jota & Darwin do better per minute than Mane for goals & assists at LWF.

I've already posted stats comparing Halaand, Darwin & Watkins this season. The stats suggest Watkins would have already sealed a tilte this season for LFC, Arsenal or City.

Maybe take a break from being a septic cry arse and put forth your own

The point about both Mane & Darwin having low literacy levels in English is people make a big deal about language when they see a player as struggling.
    Watch Manes interviews at LFC, not very literate but no one complained about it.

Useless again after coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Useless again after coming on.
    Maupay would be more effective half the time, even calvert fucking lewin
    #FSGOUT

In fairness to him, we don't even play to his strengths, probably best in the air right?

How many crosses does he get? to get his head on? problem with inside forwards but the old Andy Carroll pENNANt and downing days are long gone.
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    In fairness to him, we don't even play to his strengths, probably best in the air right?

How many crosses does he get? to get his head on? problem with inside forwards but the old Andy Carroll pENNANt and downing days are long gone.
    He’s better at taking on defenders or making runs down the left or right coming in on the angle to goal he’s not brilliant at headers better when he’s made the play with a switch from deeper & followed play up he’s better at thrn & finishing in general he’s pretty effective when he’s just stood in the six yard box when we’ve recycled the ball from a set piece if someone can put it right on his head

One thing Slot seems likely to help with is the movement of our forwards his Feyenoord side do it really well & take good consistent positions as we used to which I at least think helps everyone they are also quite well disciplined to just hold their position for a second when the ball is coming in or goes loose, rather than all charging into the area or towards the ball as we do too much of & it looks to work out well for them

Our lads are like 3 bulls in a china shop at times, charging into each others space crowding each other out & making runs too early or too far ending up almost in the net (Nunez & Diaz) when if they’d have just held their run a little anticipating any touch from the players it passed first AND none of them touching it they’d have had a number of tap ins