Page 100 of 110 FirstFirst ... 509093949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1092

Thread: Darwin Nunez

I think that playing Klopps brand of heavy metal football (although it has been toned down over the years) represented his best chance of play a major part of our attack. Two seasons in and he is left on the bench for a major European tie against Atalanta in a must win game. Klopp is clearly not convinced and neither am I. As we look forward to hiring new manager who I would expect doesn't play in Klopps all action style then captain chaos would have to look to other attributes to play a major part of our attack. I think he's severely lacking in all other areas of his game though. He is not a good dribbler, passer (long or short), not creative, not a pressing monster, his shooting is more hit and hope than controlled or finessed. I just cannot see the attributes that would make him a major part of our attack. I'd be happy to hear your opinion on his strengths though.

I feel there are managers who would get a lot more from some of our players, technically & in game understanding

Looking at Chelsea today & the chances Jackson has missed, he’s played No9 for them all season

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Open questions here -

- Do people still expect £350k-per-week Salah to be the main goalscorer? If so, how close to that should Darwin be?
    - What number of goals would people like from Núñez per season?

I ask because a lot of chat with Darwin seems to be around the number of goals scored. If I recall correctly (open to correction of course) Gakpo was our top scorer in the League Cup this season, Núñez our top scorer in the Europa, FA Cup I can't remember (could Google later) and Salah our top Premier League scorer.

I guess a factor as to why I ask is Salah, who is so often heralded as our attacking talisman and the man worth paying the huge contract, has 17 Premier League goals for the season, of which 5 were penalties.

So Salah has 12 Premier League goals from open play, whereas Núñez has 11 Premier League goals and (again, if I recall correctly) I believe they're all from open play this season.

Before anyone gets it twisted, I am not saying Salah is the problem, or that Núñez is as good a player as Salah is - and yes, Salah missed some of the season with injury so no doubt his goals-per-minute will be better. I just don't think Núñez is doing all that badly, despite my own frustrations with the inconsistency of his finishing (shared by many) and his current malaise in form where I feel he is a bit burnt out.
    The number of big chances he has missed, i have read somewhere it is something like (26 missed out of 30) is the problem, score just a few of those and our league and Cup games take on a different complexion.

His abject performances just lately in front of goal, has it seems completely demoralised the whole squad to such an extent, that it has seemingly affected everyone, including Salah…similar to the game at Atalanta, once Salah missed the sitter our whole team to a man just seemed to lose complete belief and looked totally demoralised..

They all need to fucking man up and stop feeling sorry for themselves if they are ever going to give Klopp the send off we all want him to have…

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    The number of big chances he has missed, i have read somewhere it is something like (26 missed out of 30) is the problem, score just a few of those and our league and Cup games take on a different complexion.

His abject performances just lately in front of goal, has it seems completely demoralised the whole squad to such an extent, that it has seemingly affected everyone, including Salah…similar to the game at Atalanta, once Salah missed the sitter our whole team to a man just seemed to lose complete belief and looked totally demoralised..

They all need to fucking man up and stop feeling sorry for themselves if they are ever going to give Klopp the send off we all want him to have…
    That's something that's been mentioned a bit recently, that they've lost belief. Missing chances has sent a kind of dread through them.
    On the Anfield wrap one of them noted how Jones pulled his shirt over his head after that miss last week and said surely that kind of thing albeit a natural reaction sends a message through the team and it's having an effect on them in front of goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Open questions here -

- Do people still expect £350k-per-week Salah to be the main goalscorer? If so, how close to that should Darwin be?
    - What number of goals would people like from Núñez per season?

I ask because a lot of chat with Darwin seems to be around the number of goals scored. If I recall correctly (open to correction of course) Gakpo was our top scorer in the League Cup this season, Núñez our top scorer in the Europa, FA Cup I can't remember (could Google later) and Salah our top Premier League scorer.

I guess a factor as to why I ask is Salah, who is so often heralded as our attacking talisman and the man worth paying the huge contract, has 17 Premier League goals for the season, of which 5 were penalties.

So Salah has 12 Premier League goals from open play, whereas Núñez has 11 Premier League goals and (again, if I recall correctly) I believe they're all from open play this season.

Before anyone gets it twisted, I am not saying Salah is the problem, or that Núñez is as good a player as Salah is - and yes, Salah missed some of the season with injury so no doubt his goals-per-minute will be better. I just don't think Núñez is doing all that badly, despite my own frustrations with the inconsistency of his finishing (shared by many) and his current malaise in form where I feel he is a bit burnt out.
    Yeah Salah has been missing just as much. He has never been the most clinical, but he always scored and setup some wild goals when he was in his peak.
    Unfortunately unlike Suarez, Ronaldo and the other tops, I'm not sure he can continue to score a lot with his diminished powers because he simply misses too much or takes the wrong shot.
    He was basically Nunez vs Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Yeah Salah has been missing just as much. He has never been the most clinical, but he always scored and setup some wild goals when he was in his peak.
    Unfortunately unlike Suarez, Ronaldo and the other tops, I'm not sure he can continue to score a lot with his diminished powers because he simply misses too much or takes the wrong shot.
    He was basically Nunez vs Atlanta.
    I think Salah, even in his pomp was wasteful in possession, was guilty of some really poor decision making, was way too selfish at times, but all this was forgiven because of the insane numbers of goals and assists he was delivering.

Unfortunately, recently and even more so since his recent injury, his assists and goals scored have dried up and his overall play has also become less effective. As a result one can only start to question whether he actually warrants a place in the starting 11, the only problem with that though, is all of our other strikers are also struggling with a seemingly similar loss of form.

An absolute nightmare scenario for any manager to navigate, especially in the last few critical games of our season…especially when we have been fighting on all four fronts and even more so as these are the very last games of Klopps tenure as Liverpool manager…

Fingers crossed our recovery starts today at Fulham with a win, if we can also do it in style that would be a welcome relief and a massive bonus.

He always needed plenty of chances to score. That is totaly true. We never really had a prolific forward. Both Mane and Salah missed plenty - Bobby too, but they created so much for each other that it realy wasn't much of an issue and invariably one of the trio would be banging in the goals.

We were blessed.

Football at the moment seems to be lacking the clinical finishers. There seemed to be so many at one time,Torres,Rooney,Lewandowski etc.
    Of all the players who'd actually be available to us I'm not even sure or aware of who they'd actually go for if they do want to sign one.
    There's been reports that Amorim may try to bring Gyokeres with him. Looked good at Coventry and is flying at Sporting but the jump to the premier League is a big one.
    Last edited by teesred; 21st April 2024 at 03:07 PM.

Amazing off the bench today, what a player best striker in the league by miles

really really made a difference.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

He hasn’t been developed as much as he should have but when he gets the basics of holding & timing his runs so badly wrong as he did today he needs bollocking

Nunez Mo & Szobo seemed to be having a personal competition for which of them could be shortest from the bench

If you watch a lot of football there are far worse players than Nunez out there, he’s a very good player who needs more coaching & drills & better man management He’s scored important goals for us this season that have won games