Page 14 of 111 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920212464 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    left foot, right foot, left knee, right knee, left shoulder, right shoulder, to head
    Performed in front of a mirror!

These fellas have got the hang of it.

A very good display from Nunez today, good intensity and hunger to help press and win it back without the ball, got himself a chance out of it too and hit the post, really really good to see

Made really good runs constantly and times them well, could have squared it twice being picky, although our players did come into what would be his peripheral vision after he hit both efforts, the one after he hit the post, probably should have played Mo in when it came back to him

Made himself constantly available to play off, into feet pinging it straight off to one of ours

Loved his goal, very very nice forwards finish with the header, very very nice poise and timing of his run, held back, let Bobby run the defenders a little deeper, then came into that space to finish, lovely stuff

he played a very good controlled game tonight for me and there is nothing wrong with his touch
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Probably his best 45 minutes for us. If the one that hit the post had gone in, it would have been a cracker. Fantastic technique.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Hes got 5 in 12 appearances so far and not many starts. if he keeps up that scoring ratio. we will all be happy. It's not how you look it's the end product that counts.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Left foot looking like a weapon. Klopp says he has unbelievable technique. We have seen it in flashes. He suggested he is rushing a bit. That shows. The flashes appear to be getting more regular though. He has something, it’s there… can’t wait for it to come out and say “I have arrived and I am here to stay”.

Could have had a wonderful hat trick last for sure.

It’s coming. Clearly not the ready made article yet - but I guess in this market that’s what you pay for someone who even threatens to be.

He is starting to worry opposition coaches. Both Shitty and West Ham have deployed different tactics to try and thwart him. They have watched him closely - that’s a very good sign
    Last edited by Steveo; 20th October 2022 at 08:07 AM.

Clocked as the fastest player in the league apparently. Which was surprising!

Yep - he is deceptively quick, while at times looking almost languid.

Could call him rangy. He is much stronger than he looks too.

Best put - in one word - ‘Wiry’

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep - he is deceptively quick, while at times looking almost languid.

Could call him rangy. He is much stronger than he looks too.

Best put - in one word - ‘Wiry’
    He is no Andy Carrol. People who used that lazy comparison are going to eat humble pie season after season. The boy is just getting started as his team mates get used to him, as he times his runs better as he is offside prone he is going to be a 25+ a season scorer in the league

it already appears though he and Salah are not going to be best friends.

He is no smiley Sadio Mane and Bobby Firmino, even Jota as well takes it when Salah is greedy. Salah already has reels where he shows sign of not being happy being slipped in yet he is the most selfish of all. It is going to be interesting. Don't think they should play together more than a season or 2.

Nunez is going to take over the main mantle very soon, he is a number 9 so his finishing is better so as his numbers stack up will be interesting how Salah handles it, also how he handles it as im sure he would want to take the penalties as well.