Page 15 of 111 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021222565 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Left foot looking like a weapon. Klopp says he has unbelievable technique. We have seen it in flashes. He suggested he is rushing a bit. That shows. The flashes appear to be getting more regular though. He has something, it’s there… can’t wait for it to come out and say “I have arrived and I am here to stay”.

Could have had a wonderful hat trick last for sure.

It’s coming. Clearly not the ready made article yet - but I guess in this market that’s what you pay for someone who even threatens to be.

He is starting to worry opposition coaches. Both Shitty and West Ham have deployed different tactics to try and thwart him. They have watched him closely - that’s a very good sign
    Much more promising from him last night. Encouraging to see as he was looking a bit lost up to recently. He could have had an amazing hat-trick last night. That would have given him so much confidence. He's causing a different kind of problem for defences which is something we havent' seen from our strikers. At times in recent years we've been too predictable and lacked a plan B. He's definitely unpredictable and if he can get a regular goal return that'll do.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

And he might miss the next game or so with a hamstring injury...

The physio and medical team doing their thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post

Yeah but Keita's back so we're sorted.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post

Ah ffs! Am I imagining it or do we get more injuries than any other team? What is actually going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    Ah ffs! Am I imagining it or do we get more injuries than any other team? What is actually going on?
    https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/first-team/staff/lena-aschenbrenner

All teams have injuries when they change conditioning and fitness staff, it always happens, I think it's because they're top professional athletes, whose bodies are so finely tuned, that adjustments to routines their bodies were used to throws them a little out of whack causing injuries

By my understanding of the guy we employed from Arsenal is that they had recurring and widespread injury issues outside of that adjustment period when he was there, as we are experiencing now, so why on earth hire someone with a record of injuries and niggles in players they were supposed to be looking after, outside of the accepted adjustment period when you will always get a few
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It is getting beyond a joke though, 55 minutes he played the other night.

Klopp
    “We have to check (Darwin), he said. "He had treatment yesterday and we will see what we get told later.”

6 goals in 13 appearances sounds good.

But when you break it down to the actual number of minutes he has played, it gets better.

6 goals in 636 minutes at the moment.

He won't maintain that rate indefinitely as it's very high. But if this is what the "raw" Núñez can do in an unsettled side that isn't performing at anything like peak capacity, just imagine how good it could get for him as he matures, learns more English, understands more instructions and adjusts to the League.

Came from Benfica remember, which is a bigger jump that coming from a Serie A club or the Bundesliga.

Very impressive. The fact that there is still massive room for improvement as well is so encouraging.

Had he scored the tap in when he hit the post, he would be scoring at a rate of a goal every 90.

He's missed a few chances but it's encouraging that his movement means he'll always create chances.

He's big, quick, unsettles defenders and gives us something different. The early signs are encouraging