Page 17 of 111 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920212223242767 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

He’s gone into the fantasy team now this weekend. Fuck it. He’s almost integral to us at this stage with the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Just read that stat, he's done it in almost half the minutes too.
    I am warming to him like.
    Jesus 1076 mins, 5 goals
    Big lad 632 mins , 6 goals.
    What's funny is if you chat to Joe Bloggs they'll say Jesus is an unreal signing and banging them in, whilst Núñez "looks a flop" and "needs to score more" - the Match of the Day mentality at large.

Something something Charlie Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    What's funny is if you chat to Joe Bloggs they'll say Jesus is an unreal signing and banging them in, whilst Núñez "looks a flop" and "needs to score more" - the Match of the Day mentality at large.

Something something Charlie Adam.
    Yeah but to be fair Jesus has been a good signing, he's just gone off the boil a little after a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yeah but to be fair Jesus has been a good signing, he's just gone off the boil a little after a great start.
    Oh he is definitely a good signing. But those thinking he is excellent while Núñez is crap are a weird bunch.

Oh he is definitely a good signing. But those thinking he is excellent while Núñez is crap are a weird bunch.
    Exactly this. Jesus has been in the prem for about 6 years. He has had a good impact on Arsenal.
    This kind of links back to my point on another thread. Regardless of what Nunez does, people want him to be a flop - even if the numbers suggest that he's had a decent start in terms of goal scoring
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Same lot who rave bout Zaha/Saint Maxi Jaz.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Same lot who rave bout Zaha/Saint Maxi Jaz.
    Zaha is one of those funny ones that I don't want to buy, but would love to see in an alternate timeline at a big club with a top Manager.

Another was Darren Bent (no, seriously) - if you look at his goals scored per games played rate in the Championship and Premier League from approximately 02/03 through to maybe 09/10 he had a seriously impressive record.

Daniel Sturridge was a goal every 130 mins roughly. 9300 mins and 68 goals.

Pretty darned superb considering the stop start nature of his time in red. When fit he was a lethal striker.

Very very underrated player mainly due to his injuries. Far from just a goal scorer, very skilful, talented player.

Unplayable so often - loads of assists too.

Check the technique. Pure silk.

Always worth a watch