Page 18 of 111 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021222324252868 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Unplayable so often - loads of assists too.

Check the technique. Pure silk.

Always worth a watch
    Never got that dance right though, did he?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Who’s askin?

That was poor today from Nunez, it was always his finishing that was going to need him to do a lot of practice on his own like Mo did when at Roma

He's missed quite a few already that Mane would have scored 9 times out of 10 where he just has to slot it past the keeper

The 2 doesn't suit him at all, he hasn't played well in that yet for me, had a good game as a sub at LFWD in one game, he's had 2 or 3 very presentable outings at No9 in a 3 or as a 1, this 2 doesn't work, lopsided with Mo hanging out on the right more and Nunez more central might work
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That was poor today from Nunez, it was always his finishing that was going to need him to do a lot of practice on his own like Mo did when at Roma
    Showed more effort than most - tracked back multiple times (including getting pinned in at left-back position by 3 Leeds players, calmly getting it to Alisson in the end) and is getting into good positions.

Does he need to bury one of those today? Yes, absolutely - but the list of players I'd critique before Núñez in regards to tonight is quite long.

Wonder if the chances Bobby didn't bury will get half the attention of Darwin's by our fanbase?

Effort from Núñez has never been in doubt but he really needs to take one or two of his chances today if he’s going to stick around

A few of us wanted us to sign Nunez including myself, I always thought he'd take time and his finishing would need a lot of practice in his own time as Mo did at Roma, but I think we all wanted him with all our current forwards except perhaps Bobby who many of us expected to move on still here to aid his development - Letting Mane go hasn't been a good idea at all, he was a 20 goal a season player at LFWD, No9 and RFWD a better finisher than any of our other forwards and our best presser of the ball, something we are missing immensely

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Effort from Núñez has never been in doubt but he really needs to take one or two of his chances today if he’s going to stick around
    He does, but he'd have had more chances still if our entire performance (midfield especially) wasn't so disjointed.

Besides, over the course of Salah's years here, how often did we say things like "that boy needs 3 or 4 chances to convert one?" or words to that effect - so it isn't a new issue or a Núñez-specific issue.

Bobby missed sitters today and I don't know what that chip was from Salah either (back post cross attempt?) - I'd be curious to see a compilation of each of our shots from today as it's all a bit of a blur just now as it was an intensely frustrating game, as we know we can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    A few of us wanted us to sign Nunez including myself, I always thought he'd take time and his finishing would need a lot of practice in his own time as Mo did at Roma, but I think we all wanted him with all our current forwards except perhaps Bobby who many of us expected to move on still here to aid his development - Letting Mane go hasn't been a good idea at all, he was a 20 goal a season player at LFWD, No9 and RFWD a better finisher than any of our other forwards and our best presser of the ball, something we are missing immensely
    I don't think there was anything to be done in terms of keeping Mane. He wanted to go, Klopps never going to keep someone who wants out.
    Problem we now have is he's one of the men who could win a game when we've played like tonight or this season allover.
    We had him and Salah, now we only have a reduced version of one. Its a huge loss no doubt.
    Nunez is unlucky that he's come into the side now. If we'd signed him last season he'd be bedded in already having played in a blinding season. There'd be less issues but hhe's come in now when the side is clearly on the wane in every area.

Jurgen needs to stick to the 433, his efforts to change up haven't worked, the press and counter press is even more of an issue, we don't even have Mo as the threat he was, because he fucked up Mo's positioning by playing Elliott at RCM, then moved Mo from his best position

MOTD, Sky and BT all did very accurate analysis of Elliott causing most of our issues, getting in Mo's and Trent space making both far less effective going forward and not covering Trent defensively or being where he needed to be in the press and counter press

A big part of why the 433 was failing was Jurgen's insistence on starting Elliott, he then changed formation to accommodate Elliott rather than drop him as he needed to be and accept he wasn't and will never be a credible midfield option, changing formation further fucked up Mo, Nunez's integration, Carvalho's and made the teams ability to press effectively even more significantly reduced - It is yet another instance of Jurgen throwing the baby out with the bath water completely seemingly on a whim and entirely unnecessarily

I am not at all surprised Mane wanted to leave, as Jurgen treated him appallingly, I personally always rated and valued Mane higher than I ever did Mo, Jurgen continually treated Mane as a second class citizen next to Mo, when Jota came in and was scoring, despite not contributing otherwise and it being apparent that was going to be a major problem when he stopped scoring, he fucked Mane about and fucked about with Mane and RObbo's partnership and positioning for Jota, that badly affected Robbo and Mane

Mane was by far our best forward in pressing and counter pressing also and losing him through not valuing him appropriately is costing us dearly this season in that respect every bit as much as midfield and by God do we miss his goals, I saw his goal for Bayern v Barca and there have been 5-10 instance of Nunez or other forward being released in those situations Mane would have buried in games we've dropped points - Mane wouldn't have wanted to leave had he been respected and valued appropriately

We gave Salah 350k a week, then stopped fucking using him as he plays at his best, in his LFWD position, supported by Trent and Hendo, what the actual FUCK, how the fuck is that good management?

We gave Salah 350k a week, then stopped fucking using him as he plays at his best, in his RFWD position, supported by Trent and Hendo, what the actual FUCK, how the fuck is that good management?