Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556575861101 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Thankfully Gravenberch took the edge off Darwin’s Miss but Jeez he doesn’t like to do the easy bits does he?

Núñez, what an absolutamente fabuloso world class assist for Gravenberch. So unselfish.....

Just looked up Nunez stats 20 goals from 54 appearances so far thats just slightly over 1 in 2 games. anyone would settle for that ratio. and considering hes not started all of them 54 games.. hes doing fine enough.
    We'll have to accept hes not the most natural of finishers. but as long as he scores goals. thats all that really counts.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

So just on that subject for comparison, with Darwin getting his 20th goal in his 54th appearance (32 starts by the way) we can look at the last 10 players to get 20 goals in fewer appearances for us - and beside each name will be the number of appearances it took. This is mainly to highlight how privileged we have been with forwards historically.

D Jota - 46
    M Salah - 26
    S Mané - 44
    D Sturridge - 26
    L Suárez - 49
    F Torres - 31
    E Heskey - 44
    M Owen - 38
    S Collymore - 49
    R Fowler - 36

Worth noting that the rate doesn't necessarily translate to career success and the standard of surrounding players must be taken into account for context. Sturridge through no fault of his own (injuries) hasn't hit the heights he should have despite an absolutely ridiculous conversion rate. I think people forget how skilled a finisher be was due to the frustration of his appearance record. Meanwhile the joint-slowest on the list was Suarez and he is arguably the most naturally talented player to ever wear a Red shirt and his first season at Barcelona after departing us had a ridiculous conversion rate as well.

Unfortunately don't have a list for assists, which would make for interesting comparison - Núñez certainly gets plenty of those.

The lad's fantastic and still has time on his side to develop. His hold-up play already looks a lot better this season and he looks a "fit" more often, rather than looking a square peg in a round hole - even if he was a thoroughly entertaining square peg.

Sky is the limit. Errors like last night won't haunt him unless they occur in the 90th minute against Man City with the scoreline locked at 1-1 so I can live with last night's mistake as it cost us nothing versus the 3 points he gained for us with his exploits against Newcastle.

Joe Cole comparing Nunez to Drogba in that he was a crap finisher when he arrived at Chelsea.

Contributions per minute is far more telling than appearances, an appearance could be10 minutes, it could be 90

He’s a fierce entertaining sort of chap. Box office to watch even when he’s falling over himself. I think he’ll turn out to be a great forward by the time he’s 26 or 27.

I just don't get how he can't score simple goals? it'll cost us at one point but yeah

He'll be up front for us, for at least 3-4 seasons I think, so we better love him he's not going anywhere, and is quality at times, hopefully starts doing the easy stuff better. it's really weird.

Him diaz Jota (hopefully stops getting injured) Gakpo (hopefully kicks on) are the future, in the next 4 years all being well and noone wants to move, or declines (only worried about jota in this way really) we only need to replace Salah and we're not in a rush to do that, still think he's off in the summer we have a lot of options and who can play well cutting in on the left, right not so much.... who's going there if salah is injured? Elliot? :/

That means we can focus on the DM, and the defense..... over 4 seasons.. i'm sure even with FSG we can complete a top x11 it's not far off now, 1 or 2 players, in my eyes.

The future is bright, the future is red, Klopp please stay another 4 seasons.

Currently just a top CB and a DM away from challenging I think, the team could win the champions league again too, we'd also have better depth on the bench/squad.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 27th October 2023 at 11:32 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

He is playing for the right club with the right Manager for his age.

He can only get better. He is so dangerous and is not yet the finished article. They say a lkayers is at his best from age 26/27 so the kid is going to be massive.

If he is a winner which he seems to be he is going right work on his composure and deft finishing. I love the boy.

Think he's up to a goal or assist for every 58 minutes played this season now.

He won't maintain that for a very long time as it isn't sustainable, but that is frankly ridiculous.

His energy and hold-up play seem to have gone up a bit. If the finishes come along with it he will be an absolute Monster.