Page 56 of 111 FirstFirst ... 64649505152535455565758596061626366106 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    We won, it must be tough for you
    Whimpering and licking my wounds mate.

But seriously - I mean it, These lists of stats don’t make for good reading.., They can be used to support almost any argument. As Mentioned - the Xa for Darwin (below a single digit) 0.9 suggests there is more accident than design to the numbers.

Not that I follow these stats - they can be very misleading unless you have them all.. That would entail exhaustive elements which would be even more boring,,, imo

Plenty of us enjoy Darwin - we are all rooting for him. His finishing needs work despite a couple of posters trying their best to suggest he is the second coming.

Defending F$G has become a mantra for some. It’s Liverpool FC they should be backing.

😜

Such a shame he was given offside on the first incident yesterday.. that was best composure ive seen from him so far.
    Hes such and handful for the opposition!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Yes - offside by what..? a blade of grass?

He is definitely a handful and can be far more than that.

Be great IF he could add that Sturridge like lethality with the finishing though. Extremely tough to be coached that - imo.

just in case Darwin didn’t see it

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes - offside by what..? a blade of grass?

He is definitely a handful and can be far more than that.

Be great IF he could add that Sturridge like lethality with the finishing though. Extremely tough to be coached that - imo.

just in case Darwin didn’t see it
    Completely different type of player, he'll never be clinical
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Completely different as in one was clinical and the other clearly hasn't been - as yet! Doesn't mean we cannot hope that changes. Both tasked with the same role surely? Daniel to link up with Luis - as Darwin is with Mo..?

If not - what would Daniel have been tasked with doing that Darwin isn't?

Completely different as in one was clinical and the other clearly hasn't been - as yet! Doesn't mean we cannot hope that changes. Both tasked with the same role surely? Daniel to link up with Luis - as Darwin is with Mo..?

If not - what would Daniel have been tasked with doing that Darwin isn't?
    Th' primary task fur a' strikers is tae score goals. That's whit Nunez is 'ere fur. Compare him wi' ony o' oor great strikers doon th' years 'n' he fails miserably in th' finishing department.

I quite lik' him as a player bit ah dinnae think he'll score enough goals fur us 'n' ah dinnae think that kin be coached.

I think Núñez has 22 goals for us in 59 appearances for us in all comps across both seasons (can check later and edit appropriately) which is a good return. Bear in mind some of those appearances have been as a sub, some from the left and plenty as part of last season's often dysfunctional side.

He's also still young enough that he can improve. Will he ever be as clinical as a Fowler or a Sturridge? Probably not. Am I bothered about that? No - not if he is scoring and assisting plenty and facilitating play - which he is.

He is really good now. He is showing signs of further improvement. He has time on his side.

Just enjoy him. Sturridge, for comparison, got 67 goals in 160 appearances for us - somewhere between 1-in-2 and 1-in-3. Incredible finisher, but without wishing to denegrate him in any way he was injured a Hell of a lot and I think when we look back after Darwin's career with us that he is likely to have had a better injury record and probably done more of the off-the-ball stuff to facilitate other players - though we can't make that judgement either way just now.

Whimpering and licking my wounds mate.

But seriously - I mean it, These lists of stats don’t make for good reading.., They can be used to support almost any argument. As Mentioned - the Xa for Darwin (below a single digit) 0.9 suggests there is more accident than design to the numbers.

Not that I follow these stats - they can be very misleading unless you have them all.. That would entail exhaustive elements which would be even more boring,,, imo

Plenty of us enjoy Darwin - we are all rooting for him. His finishing needs work despite a couple of posters trying their best to suggest he is the second coming.

Defending F$G has become a mantra for some. It’s Liverpool FC they should be backing.

😜
    Funny you always bring up FSG, no mention of them in my post.

And the stats you brought XG and XA....
    Generally speaking if a player exceeds their XG, XGconceded or XA... you would say they got far more end product than expected.
    With Darwin expected to assist 1 in PL, he's out performed the expectation.
    With assists could be he made easy assists like pass to X, X driblesand scores
    Or
    The chance to create an Assist was low and he managed to turn it into an assist.
    If you want to do a qualitative analysis off you go.
    Darwins outperformed his XG prior to LFC, and Alisson outperforms XGconceded.

23/24
    Played 17 - Scored 7 & 6 Assists in 872 minutes all comps
    Played 11 - Scored 4 & 4 Assists in 599 minutes in PL.

Goal-or-Assist per minutes
    All Comps - 67 mins
    PL - 75 mins

22/23
    Played 42 - Scored 15 & 4 Assists in 2,365 minutes all comps
    Played 29 - Scored 9 & 3 Assists in 1,698 minutes in PL.

All Comps - 124 mins
    PL - 141.5 mins

In terms of goals contributions compared with last season, Darwins almost twice as quick and 3 times faster
    For context per minute in 23/24 in PL

Halaand Played 12 in PL- Scored 13 & 3 Assists in 1,025 mins
    Salah Played 12 in PL - Scored 10 & 4 Assists in 1,047 mins.

Halaand 64 mins
    Darwin 75 mins (74.77)
    Salah 75 mins (74.78)
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think Núñez has 22 goals for us in 59 appearances for us in all comps across both seasons (can check later and edit appropriately) which is a good return. Bear in mind some of those appearances have been as a sub, some from the left and plenty as part of last season's often dysfunctional side.

He's also still young enough that he can improve. Will he ever be as clinical as a Fowler or a Sturridge? Probably not. Am I bothered about that? No - not if he is scoring and assisting plenty and facilitating play - which he is.

He is really good now. He is showing signs of further improvement. He has time on his side.

Just enjoy him. Sturridge, for comparison, got 67 goals in 160 appearances for us - somewhere between 1-in-2 and 1-in-3. Incredible finisher, but without wishing to denegrate him in any way he was injured a Hell of a lot and I think when we look back after Darwin's career with us that he is likely to have had a better injury record and probably done more of the off-the-ball stuff to facilitate other players - though we can't make that judgement either way just now.
    Those were the posts steveo was moaning about

I sent a link showing the low xA number.. Don't get too excited now.. Wouldn't want you to spill your milk.

& here - I wasn't suggesting I take anything from it either.. just that it shows how easily stats can mislead.

EDIT: see below..

[IMG][/IMG]

I bring Up F$G because I have noticed you defend the budget while calling Klopp out for a lack of management. I sense that you and Sid are determined that Darwin was a great purchase as a means to prove that Jurgen has been backed sufficiently - when he clearly hasn't.

Why do I get the feeling I am talking about a striker with a couple of lads who have either never played the position OR who don't really understand it?

For Sid.. I have nothing but joy when I watch Darwin.. most of the time that is. But his finishing DOES frustrate the shyte out of me. Sorry.. but that is just the way it is.

At times this is like chatting to Balinkay all over again - only occasionally mixed with that shill Taksin

Up that shot conversion (he's had 42 - that's 2 more than Mo FFS) and we are truly in business..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/top-scorers
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th November 2023 at 12:57 PM.