Page 57 of 111 FirstFirst ... 74750515253545556575859606162636467107 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think Núñez has 22 goals for us in 59 appearances for us in all comps across both seasons (can check later and edit appropriately) which is a good return. Bear in mind some of those appearances have been as a sub, some from the left and plenty as part of last season's often dysfunctional side.

He's also still young enough that he can improve. Will he ever be as clinical as a Fowler or a Sturridge? Probably not. Am I bothered about that? No - not if he is scoring and assisting plenty and facilitating play - which he is.

He is really good now. He is showing signs of further improvement. He has time on his side.

Just enjoy him. Sturridge, for comparison, got 67 goals in 160 appearances for us - somewhere between 1-in-2 and 1-in-3. Incredible finisher, but without wishing to denegrate him in any way he was injured a Hell of a lot and I think when we look back after Darwin's career with us that he is likely to have had a better injury record and probably done more of the off-the-ball stuff to facilitate other players - though we can't make that judgement either way just now.

You'll be bothered when salah goes are main goalscorer, by far so far this season.

It'll be even more frustrating when he misses simple chances.

The solution you either find.... another salah somehow who scores alot like he does..... or we get a clinical striker if Nunez doesn't end up being that :/
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You'll be bothered when salah goes are main goalscorer, by far so far this season.

It'll be even more frustrating when he misses simple chances.

The solution you either find.... another salah somehow who scores alot like he does..... or we get a clinical striker if Nunez doesn't end up being that :/
    I genuinely don't mind who is putting it in the back of the net as long as it's getting there and provided that the forwards who aren't scoring are facilitating goals in some way with hold-up play, dummy runs or assists.

Firmino often had dry patches in terms of scoring but we knew he facilitated others so it was fine.

The "worry" as it were will come in a post-Salah environment where we have to "find" 30 goals or so per season - probably have to look at the side (collectively) taking on 10 more goals per season plus the acquisition of a 20-goal-per season replacement, as the 30-goal-per-season lads are very hard to find.

Will worry about that further down the line.

I genuinely don't mind who is putting it in the back of the net as long as it's getting there and provided that the forwards who aren't scoring are facilitating goals in some way with hold-up play, dummy runs or assists.

Firmino often had dry patches in terms of scoring but we knew he facilitated others so it was fine.

The "worry" as it were will come in a post-Salah environment where we have to "find" 30 goals or so per season - probably have to look at the side (collectively) taking on 10 more goals per season plus the acquisition of a 20-goal-per season replacement, as the 30-goal-per-season lads are very hard to find.

Will worry about that further down the line.
    Ye made some guid points in yer afore post bit yer ignoring th' argument bein' made 'ere. Whin salah leaves we'll need someone tae score goals. We coudnae juist replace him wi' a wide attacker 'n' expect Nunez tae git th' goals.

It wilnae be that muckle further doon th' line afore we need tae stairt thinking aboot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I sent a link showing the low xA number.. Don't get too excited now.. Wouldn't want you to spill your milk.

& here - I wasn't suggesting I take anything from it either.. just that it shows how easily stats can mislead.

EDIT: see below..

[IMG][/IMG]

I bring Up F$G because I have noticed you defend the budget while calling Klopp out for a lack of management. I sense that you and Sid are determined that Darwin was a great purchase as a means to prove that Jurgen has been backed sufficiently - when he clearly hasn't.

Why do I get the feeling I am talking about a striker with a couple of lads who have either never played the position OR who don't really understand it?

For Sid.. I have nothing but joy when I watch Darwin.. most of the time that is. But his finishing DOES frustrate the shyte out of me. Sorry.. but that is just the way it is.

At times this is like chatting to Balinkay all over again - only occasionally mixed with that shill Taksin

Up that shot conversion (he's had 42 - that's 2 more than Mo FFS) and we are truly in business..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/top-scorers
    And I explained how Expected stats are generally interpreted.

If you score more more goals than XG- Great (may not be sustainable over longer term)
    Núñez had this prior to LFC.

If you conceded less goals than expected great
    (may not be sustainable over longer term)
    This is usually the case with Alisson over his LFC career.

If you Assist more goals than expected great
    (may not be sustainable over longer term)
    This is the case with Darwin this year in PL.
    As said you could do a qualitative analysis if you like.

As cited in the goals and assists per minute stat, Núñez is making goal contributions at the same rate as Salah and just less than Halaand this year.
    Goal-or-Assist per minutes
    Halaand 64 mins
    Darwin 75 mins (74.77)
    Salah 75 mins (74.78)

In terms of shots per game in the PL, it's
    Halaand 3.8 pg
    Salah 3.2 pg
    & Darwin 3.2 pg
    -------

I do think we are playing with the wrong shape presently, and this impacts on the utility of our squad.
    Every player in Klopps squad is a Klopp player. The window is closed its time to manage the assets at his disposal.

In the summer, whilst pressed for an answer by yourself, I predicted we'd finish above Chelsea.
    So far your local boys have 26 games to overturn an 11 point deficit 😋

I've never heard as much shite as all this XG nonsense. We're not at the tables in Vegas here, as my Dad always says it's the score on the top left hand corner on the screen that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I've never heard as much shite as all this XG nonsense. We're not at the tables in Vegas here, as my Dad always says it's the score on the top left hand corner on the screen that counts.
    To each their own - it's one of the better bits of info to my mind for glancing at a match and removing unconscious bias - it's just a predictive model to assess goal-scoring chances and the subsequent likelihood of scoring.

Takes into account loads of stuff - angle, distance from goal, whether the shot came from a counter-attack with open play or whether loads of bodies were in the way etc and as a result you can (relatively accurately - stats aren't fool-proof) deduce how consistent you are with chance creation etc and you can build a picture of whether or not your forwards are capitalising upon enough of their chances, whether the opposition keeper had a Worldie etc

At times this is like chatting to Balinkay all over again - only occasionally mixed with that shill Taksin
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Is the right answer. For me too - at least

Well it’s a fair point. I am getting on,

I vividly remember sitting in the car as Dylan rang out his lyrics… Your old road is rapidly agin - please get outta the new one if you can’t lend your hand…

I sang it at my parents… Now those parents are me.

Is the right answer. For me too - at least
    I also feel its a bit like the primary school sports day were everyone gets a medal . People just looking for things that don't really matter.
    Thought as Sid says each too there own and now Sky are going with it ,it'll be made a big thing.