Page 59 of 111 FirstFirst ... 94952535455565758596061626364656669109 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think Haaland would have more goals to be fair - if the ball arrives to him in the box, he scores a lot of the time.

I mean, he has 39 goals from 34 Champion's League games for example. He is just lethal between the posts.

Don't enjoy watching him particularly in terms of style/aesthetic - there's something a bit robotic and Machine-like about such a rare combo of height, muscular build, speed and finishing ability - reminds me a bit of what people used to say about watching Ronaldo compared to watching Messi I suppose.
    I was meant to say in my original post, compared to city too, do you reckon he'd score more? I do think we create more chances, not that we take them all mind, I think city are more clinical.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

On Haaland, I was on the kop last season when we beat them in the league, and I was amazed at the lack of movement with him. He never moved out of The 2 strips thats in the the middle of the pitch, the way the grass is rolled. Obviously he's a brilliant number 9 but it shows the difference with Klopp and Pep and what they want.

You can really notice that movement fron the kop,as you're behind the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I was meant to say in my original post, compared to city too, do you reckon he'd score more? I do think we create more chances, not that we take them all mind, I think city are more clinical.
    As in, if Haaland played for us, would he score more for Liverpool than for Man City?

I think the difference would be negligible - both teams create a lot of chances. I think both are at around the 80 mark for "big chances created" in the League - my suspicion is he might score a little less for us (we're talking 5-10% less, if even) as our striker is expected to work hard whereas Haaland doesn't particularly. He very much conserves energy so that he is primed for the quick movement in the box and the finish, whereas Núñez will run a channel and continues to improve his hold-up play. Haaland couldn't sit and wait for chances in our set-up in the way he can at Man City.

People go on about Haaland like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. He broke records for numbers, but that is because of the team, not him. Imagine if harry Kane had gone to City, his numbers would be through the roof. All round game Kane is a much better player than Haaland. Haaland is not even an elite player, I mean players like Modric, Messi, Iniesta.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    People go on about Haaland like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. He broke records for numbers, but that is because of the team, not him. Imagine if harry Kane had gone to City, his numbers would be through the roof. All round game Kane is a much better player than Haaland. Haaland is not even an elite player, I mean players like Modric, Messi, Iniesta.
    He is an elite striker. Juist aboot as elite as thay come.

Haaland would score goals in any team. His speed, height and strength make him such a formidable forward.

I personally dont think his finishing is particularly amazing and his first touch isn't the best, but he does know where the goal is.

Both he and Nunez wouldn't even be playing non-league football if they were the height and speed of Bobby Firmino.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Not his finest game yesterday but he got under Peps skin after the match which delighted me 🤣🤣
    Anyone know exactly what it was about ?

I get the points on Haaland & Nunez - neither are Fowleresque in quality of touch or lethality of finish. They do both rely hugely on physics.

Tough to argue with strike rate Haaland seems capable of though.

Hoping for Darwin to follow suit.

Maybe Nunez, said something like Pep you are lying BULLSHITTER.. like you said when the 115 charges first came out. you'd leave the club if they were found guilty. Now you are willing to stay what ever happens. even if the team is thrown into another division
    Or something like you stop your players from representing their country. when theres fuck all wrong with them.. or you complain about injuries and only had about 2 all season.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century