Page 60 of 111 FirstFirst ... 105053545556575859606162636465666770110 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Or even you go to your knees on the touchline begging the opposition to lay off your team., even though you've won 3 league titles in a row (hes like Fergie in that behaviour)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Not his finest game yesterday but he got under Peps skin after the match which delighted me 🤣🤣
    Anyone know exactly what it was about ?
    Nunez called him a Barry McGuigan…

Asked him to swear on the slander and libel that he wasn’t a Hampton Wick..

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Not his finest game yesterday but he got under Peps skin after the match which delighted me 🤣🤣
    Anyone know exactly what it was about ?
    According to Facebook (and it may have lost something in translation!) Guardiola told Nunez he wouldn't get near their goal and Darwin replied What is the name of the shampoo you use?

wash and go? he washed his hair and it went.. or it could have been the performance enhancing drugs he took has a player that caused the hair loss

just found these videos,. very good

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I get the points on Haaland & Nunez - neither are Fowleresque in quality of touch or lethality of finish. They do both rely hugely on physics.

Tough to argue with strike rate Haaland seems capable of though.

Hoping for Darwin to follow suit.
    Think Saturday highlighted the difference between Haaland and Nunez. Haaland's technique wasn't great for the finish (he actually scuffs it) but's hes got the ball into a postion for it to be struck. He just knows how and when to get himself in postion.

Nunez is just pure instinct. If he has to think about it, he's knackered.

With players like this, I always think to myself 'would they still be good players if they were not fast or strong?'

Haaland - probabaly not.
    Nunez - definitely not.

How good would Robbie have been if he had Haaland's strength or Nunez's speed!
    Last edited by jozza800; 27th November 2023 at 12:26 PM.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Think Saturday highlighted the difference between Haaland and Nunez. Haaland's technique wasn't great for the finish (he actually scuffs it) but's hes got the ball into a postion for it to be struck. He just knows how and when to get himself in postion.

Nunez is just pure instinct. If he has to think about it, he's knackered.

With players like this, I always think to myself 'would they still be good players if they were not fast or strong?'

Haaland - probabaly not.
    Nunez - definitely not.

How goof would Robbie have been if he had Haaland's strength or Nunez's speed!
    Nail on head.

Anyone read Fowlers comments on Big Darwin?
    I genuinely thought this myself on Saturday, I'm not wanting to wade in on him btw. He's obviously a cracking player and adds a lot to the team but in terms of goalscoring he has posed a valid point.
    I do think now you can see Klopp does love the lad, something that maybe wasn't as apparent last season, maybe he likes that unpredictable element about him. My pal referred to him as Captain Chaos. A good way of describing him I'd say.

His pace and energy up front will always cause defenses problems, so he deserves to start based on that. He's never going to be a prolific goal scorer for us though, he's just not a natural finisher.

I think half the battle with Núñez is not to compare him to the fastest striker to reach 50 Premier League goals - we can only set him up for failure in our minds by doing that.

He's a different player. He scores and assists with regularity and he is improving. So long as this remains to be the case we can be delighted to have him - plus he has a long time ahead of him (injuries permitting) to continue his development.