Page 8 of 107 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I agree we seem to have one too many attacking same spot on the right.

If Trent loses the ball we are in trouble as nobody is covering RB....I dont blame Trent though as its clearly a tactic.
    It was weird today. If there is one of those "passing network" graphics for today's match made available for the public I swear our full-backs and our wide players will be practically on top of each other, with hardly anything in the area described as Zone 14 if we use that pitch position idea that we had under Rodgers.

Thought Nunez did alright, there were actually 2 quality crosses in for him from Trent I think that he should have buried

I'm not at all concerned about our lads not persistently boxing it trying to put it on Nunez's head at every opportunity, there's more to his game than that, a lot more and if we are to develop and integrate him to his potential I believe how we appear to be trying to do that is the correct way to do so

There were a few runs across the line in behind the opposition full back when Diaz or Mo came back as if looking for a ball to feet, I think that will be a great tactic to employ sporadically throughout games, because for 2 season opposition full backs have been following our inside forwards trying to stay right on top of them, so looking to release Nunez in those positions works for me, as doing it successfully then gives Mo or Diaz the run on their FB and CB

I think runs like that, getting into the space behind Mo or Diaz to look to release them at times and dropping off at times combined with runs across defenders looking for crosses and runs in behind should be his full repertoire to get the very best from him

Needs to play with more intensity in the press and counter press that he did today, with more intensity and conviction in general as had he attacked both headed opportunities in that manner he would have scored
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think the set up needs to be right to cross for Nunez also and not rushed or crosses just swung in as we did in a couple of his early games

With Elliott having drastically improved in today's performance in terms of making triangles and link up with Trent and Mo, I think the key is to analyse how the triangle functioned so well that side last season, how we set up so well for Trent to arrive in space to cross or for Mo or Elliott to cut back and deliver a left foot cross

It needs the set up to be right and for that to be a trigger for Nunez to get set to make his run across their LCB or between their CBs for the cross

Trying to get across their LCB with the same set up also being a trigger for Diaz to make an outside in run to arrive to try and meet the same cross between penalty spot and far post should it pass Nunez would seem ideal

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think the set up needs to be right to cross for Nunez also and not rushed or crosses just swung in as we did in a couple of his early games

With Elliott having drastically improved in today's performance in terms of making triangles and link up with Trent and Mo, I think the key is to analyse how the triangle functioned so well that side last season, how we set up so well for Trent to arrive in space to cross or for Mo or Elliott to cut back and deliver a left foot cross

It needs the set up to be right and for that to be a trigger for Nunez to get set to make his run across their LCB or between their CBs for the cross

Trying to get across their LCB with the same set up also being a trigger for Diaz to make an outside in run to arrive to try and meet the same cross between penalty spot and far post should it pass Nunez would seem ideal
    Dear 19x,
    I trusted you on this signing. When I questioned you it seemed your verdict was based on how he performed v LFC and that was good enough for you!
    I questioned this again to you on the basis that not many, if any, teams play like us! I still trust many of your thoughts but is/was your rationale in question here?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Dear 19x,
    I trusted you on this signing. When I questioned you it seemed your verdict was based on how he performed v LFC and that was good enough for you!
    I questioned this again to you on the basis that not many, if any, teams play like us! I still trust many of your thoughts but is/was your rationale in question here?
    First and foremost, he's been something of a Stan Collymore signing thus far, who famously said something along the lines of "I don't know any other business who would pay 8.5m for something they didn't know how to use" (when 8.5m was a lot of money) I could see where Nunez, because he can produce when in positions deeper as our false 9 has long played, in the No9 position and in the LFWD and RFWD positions would fit perfectly into our existing system, allowing for greater variation of modes of attack and tactical tweaks - He hasn't been used like that at all

Secondly - He needs a right royal almighty kick up the arse - Under Roy Evans there was this spice boys culture and far too many instances of new signings who had been brilliant at there former clubs thinking they had arrived when they signed for Liverpool, like they had made it already, and their focus, intensity and quality dropping significantly and in a fair few the emergence of showboating beginning (Robbie Keane) note Nunez's attempted fancy flicks to try and score with chsnces he would have previously just put his foot through, this being the same thing

This needs urgently nipping in the bud, he needs telling in no uncertain terms he has categorically not arrived, that signing for Liverpool is merely the beginning of the hardest part of his journey as a professional footballer and where the need to him to train and work harder, much harder than ever before to continually push himself to much higher levels than ever before, each and every next season begins - That needs drubbing into any player signing for us

How many games has he started ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    How many games has he started ?
    2 starts in the league, 1 sub appearance.
    Came on as a sub in community & cl games.

Played 5
    Scored 2
    Assisted 1
    235 minutes

So a goal involvement every 78 minutes??

Utter tripe, get rid.

Correct.

Our red has had a rough start with the red card. But he looks fooking pumped when he does well and to be here more generally.
    Not the same type of specimen as Diaz but both seem to grasp the passion, and ready to rock.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    So a goal involvement every 78 minutes??

Utter tripe, get rid.
    In a team that’s firing on 1 cylinder, if that. When we start creating chances for him on a consistent basis, we’ll be able to judge him.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!