Page 95 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4585888990919293949596979899100101102105 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If he was a dud then our all-round play would look way better when he wasn't on the pitch and it doesn't.

By all means have a go at the inconsistency of his finishing. That was a horrible, horrible effort in the first half last night for example.
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'all round play'. yes, he works hard and runs around a lot, but he's an 80m+ striker that can't score goals. he's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    That effort last night in the first half was shocking for a number 9. And it's not the first time we've seen him with poor efforts.
    He's not a 9 for me, put him out on the wing and play Jota up the middle if he's to play.
    He's just not consistently good enough for a team pushing for top titles.
    I agree Ian. I know he's scored goals that have won games, Newcastle and Forest but I'd wager that there's more we've not won when he's had multiple guilt edge chances and fluffed them. I might be wrong, it's just a hunch but he should be approaching thirty goals for the season the chances he's had. A clinical striker most certainly would be.

I said at the start of the season after a few games that he's not suddenly gonna start tucking those chances away. He is what he is, a very good player who has great qualities but we need better in my opinion. We've never er had that Fowler or Torres esque player under Klopp. Makes you think what might have been if we had

Precisely -

What I can’t understand - is anyone calling him a dud. Instrumental to what we have done this season. Not a composed finisher but a lethal weapon at times.

Opposition defenders won’t want to see him on the team sheet. Missed a hatful yes but that is something that will continue unfortunately. Just have to use him the right way

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'all round play'. yes, he works hard and runs around a lot, but he's an 80m+ striker that can't score goals. he's shit.
    If he was shit he wouldn't have scored or assisted as many as he has.

As to all-round play, he occupies defenders massively and his pace means opposition back lines don't tend to push up as high, which effects opposition ability to press us high up the pitch and thus we get more.space to operate.

How one-paced and pedestrian we look without him (particularly when he comes off) speaks volumes to me - if you see it differently that's grand, but I cannot get behind people thinking he is "shit" or a "dud" or whatever else given how key he is to us putting performances in.

By all means criticise the inconsistency of his finishing or his first touch - I'll happily say he needs work there - but a shit player? Thierry Henry and other former players rate him.

Fuck me, you idiots..... he's a fucking liverpool number fucking 9 that finishes like a fucking league 2 fucking striker

Oh wait, he runs?! causes trouble? that's oh fucking ok then

He does have 5 GOOD game a season I suppose when he actually looks class, give him a pay-rise fuck me

and you want us to win the league? Europa? we can't even beat the poorest utd going. they had injury's too aswell as us.

AINT WINNING FUCK ALL if hes the main striker, fuck sake. i've never seen a striker that's so bad at finishing it's not good enough for LFC, we can't keep wasting and fucking up every good chance, he scores 1 in 10 of them its madnes,s utter madness

maybe it would be k if we played 2 up top with a clinical striker but those times are gone

Diaz can't score barely- Nunez is fucking shite, and salah is off form bigtime- how can we do anything? cmon jota lad score 30 goals in the last fixtures
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Precisely -

What I can’t understand - is anyone calling him a dud. Instrumental to what we have done this season. Not a composed finisher but a lethal weapon at times.

Opposition defenders won’t want to see him on the team sheet. Missed a hatful yes but that is something that will continue unfortunately. Just have to use him the right way
    What's that? "right way" ?? hello he's a striker ? he needs to score goals? and score simple chances

Deluded, fucking deluded, how we've fallen from Firmino/Torres/Suarez

Get with the the truth, he's not going to work out here, in england it happens.

Enough is a fucking enough, big summer needed but it's not going to happen under these clowns, change the attack like the midfield

You can thank him when we miss out on the league title not by much for all the chances he's spunked away and pts he's cost us but it's ok he runs so..... yeah i hoep he's our #9 for 10 years probably can add to the FA Cup with that too

fucking joke, really is. but he'll probably score a tap in against palace and prove you all right how great he is, well that's if he doesn't blast it so high it could be off to mars.

Money well spent..... lols
    Last edited by Kev0909; 12th April 2024 at 10:58 AM.
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    What's that? "right way" ?? hello he's a striker ? he needs to score goals? and score simple chances

Deluded, fucking deluded, how we've fallen from Firmino/Torres/Suarez

Get with the the truth, he's not going to work out here, in england it happens.
    Interesting to bring Firmino up if that is your metric.

111 goals in all comps after eight seasons with us.

Darwin is on 33 in all comps in less than 2 full seasons.

He can absolutely play a part of a functioning front three.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Interesting to bring Firmino up if that is your metric.

111 goals in all comps after eight seasons with us.

Darwin is on 33 in all comps in less than 2 full seasons.

He can absolutely play a part of a functioning front three.
    Nope he can't we probably create even more chances now, and I doubt firmino got as many...... as nunez BECAUSE NUNEZ RUNS RIGHT?!!?

part of the best attack we've had for years and years......... Nunez..... Lol. wouldn't start for arsenal city.... imo or the top clubs in europe.... they wouldn't stand for missing every simple chance or literally no brains....

No wonder salah&Diaz are struggling....... i think salah and mane would be in there prime with him up there.... can't be easy watching every chance created get blasted wide or over the bar.

if we keep it as Nunez-Diaz-Salah we won't anything next season, can't count on jota to be fit for more than half the season and for him to carry us alone.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 12th April 2024 at 11:09 AM.
    #FSGOUT

part of the best attack we've had for years and years......... Nunez..... Lol.
    I said word-for-word that "he can absolutely play a part of a functioning front three" - which is entirely and utterly different. Be better Kev. Misrepresenting people's points massively to act the big "I am" is beneath you, surely?

Jota-Núñez-Salah as a three has looked quite effective for example when we have been able to play it. Can Núñez be better? Yes absolutely - I don't think anyone in here ISN'T asking for improvement. He's not shite though.

No wonder salah&Diaz are struggling.......
    Salah has received more assists from Núñez than anyone this season so far as I'm aware. I'd also add that whilst Núñez definitely needs to improve, Diaz has his own issues in terms of his "head down, run forward" impersonation of a Milan Baros - Diaz has all the skill in the World, but he hasn't half run down blind channels, failed to release the ball, taken too many touches etc - that isn't on Darwin.

No defending last night or the game against United. He was utterly shit in both games.

But... He's part of a front line that have scored more league goals than City and more than 100+ goals over the season.

I'm a bigger picture kind of guy and try not to get my flipflops out too often, so think he's done OK this season. Not elite level (far from it) but he's contributed enough.

And the mention of Firmino is laughable. He was get pelters by every man and his dog for a couple years for not scoring enough goals.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side