Page 96 of 111 FirstFirst ... 46868990919293949596979899100101102103106 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    No defending last night or the game against United. He was utterly shit in both games.

But... He's part of a front line that have scored more league goals than City and more than 100+ goals over the season.

I'm a bigger picture kind of guy and try not to get my flipflops out too often, so think he's done OK this season. Not elite level (far from it) but he's contributed enough.

And the mention of Firmino is laughable. He was get pelters by every man and his dog for a couple years for not scoring enough goals.
    Can we not forget how good he was?? more clinical than Nunez still.... yeah he dropped off like henderson etc but at his best, unplayable...... people go on about Nunez..... try getting the ball off firmino at his best

If you could ask salah or.... I dunno a book in the future... "who did you prefer to play with" Nunez or firmino? 10000 % would be Bobby dazzler

I don't see how this donkey is rated so highly
    Last edited by Kev0909; 12th April 2024 at 01:42 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I agree Ian. I know he's scored goals that have won games, Newcastle and Forest but I'd wager that there's more we've not won when he's had multiple guilt edge chances and fluffed them. I might be wrong, it's just a hunch but he should be approaching thirty goals for the season the chances he's had. A clinical striker most certainly would be.

I said at the start of the season after a few games that he's not suddenly gonna start tucking those chances away. He is what he is, a very good player who has great qualities but we need better in my opinion. We've never er had that Fowler or Torres esque player under Klopp. Makes you think what might have been if we had
    Harry Kane would love it at Anfield, but it's never going to happen.

Anyone who compares Darwin with Bobby be warned, I'll hunt you down ,find you and Kill you !!

He should have been used more in all 3 forward positions, I don’t think we’ve done enough work with our current forwards there don’t appear to be any clear plans of movement & that’s why they miss so many not enough constants for them to hone their game around, too much tappy crappy without clear plans does this

Salah & Diaz have wasted far more chances & opportunities to create them than Nunez in the last few weeks both have been wank

Maybe the 3-4-3 system which you can't wait for 19x will Suit nunez better? and different style of play... although I thought the chaos approach from klopp would suit him to the ground

Something's not right up front.
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Anyone who compares Darwin with Bobby be warned, I'll hunt you down ,find you and Kill you !!
    Hello Ian good afternoon- I was just simply stating in my opinion the front 3 worked better and salah had more fun.

I didn't compare until someone went on about goals etc! It's not about comparing the 2, it's about how much more fluid we seemed up front, and worked better together, I can't remember missing so many "easy" chances either
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Maybe the 3-4-3 system which you can't wait for 19x will Suit nunez better? and different style of play... although I thought the chaos approach from klopp would suit him to the ground

Something's not right up front.
    We’re almost playing it already at times & it’s where a lot of our problems are coming from

Fun stats about are world class number #9

Most offsides in the league so far, 27

Most shots in the league (100) (41 on target)

Most times hit the woodwork (9) next player is 4.

24 big chances missed, (haaland has a couple of more )

The worst chance conversion rate and Xg expected and all that bollox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYuJNgTT_tc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YeFDA36Rz0 love to hit the post some of them are painful

Imagine if he could finish tho, 30 goals a season at the moment is he any better than ollie watkins??
    Last edited by Kev0909; 12th April 2024 at 03:38 PM.
    #FSGOUT

How much of this front three malaise is down to the absence of Trent I wonder? We are certainly more direct when he is around.