Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New pm

Unfortunately many people throw uneducated statements against the new PM based on their own political affiliation.Why not try to give her a fucking chance before throwing these statements out there.
    You know it could actually be far worse today if it was Starmer being elected.Unfortunately Labour don't have a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Unfortunately many people throw uneducated statements against the new PM based on their own political affiliation.Why not try to give her a fucking chance before throwing these statements out there.
    You know it could actually be far worse today if it was Starmer being elected.Unfortunately Labour don't have a leader.
    Very true Fagin, I don't trust any of them. A sad state of affairs.

maybe it's more based on the uneducated statements she has made!

she's already had plenty of chance to show what she's about.

being better than Starmer is not much to put on your CV

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post

Also very true Daffyd

She wasn't in power so she hasn't had a chance at all,what was said in those Hustings means F/all unless you're actually in #10.Now that she is lets see how it goes for her first year at least,unless you are typical labour where no conservative is any good in which case there is no conversation worth having.
    In my opinion she was actually smart by not divulging her platform during those Hustings.Why give your opposition any incite into your projected plans when still in the preliminary stage of standing for election.She would have been foolish to do so.
    Last edited by fagin; 6th September 2022 at 03:55 AM.

She wasn't in power so she hasn't had a chance at all,what was said in those Hustings means F/all unless you're actually in #10.Now that she is lets see how it goes for her first year at least,unless you are typical labour where no conservative is any good in which case there is no conversation worth having.
    In my opinion she was actually smart by not divulging her platform during those Hustings.Why give your opposition any incite into your projected plans when still in the preliminary stage of standing for election.She would have been foolish to do so.
    I didn't follow the Hustings but she was in a top job as Foreign Secretary, she's had enough power serving Boris, said plenty of stupid things about Ukraine then, and still won't say a bad word against Boris now. It doesn't say much about the cabinet if their 'talent' counts for nothing against an errant Prime Minister, they are just lap dogs. As I said at the time if a Prime Minister is ousted then his whole cabinet should go too.

I didn't follow the Hustings but she was in a top job as Foreign Secretary, she's had enough power serving Boris, said plenty of stupid things about Ukraine then, and still won't say a bad word against Boris now. It doesn't say much about the cabinet if their 'talent' counts for nothing against an errant Prime Minister, they are just lap dogs. As I said at the time if a Prime Minister is ousted then his whole cabinet should go too.
    Supposedly she is all about cutting red tape and getting stuff done quickly we'll see .I am going to be watching the N.Ireland issue which she has claimed is one of her priorities.
    Not really sure that Boris's cabinet should have gone because according to the popular vote had his name been able to be put on the sheet with Truss and Rishi he would still be PM.He was back stabbed by Rishi and Gove to name the top one's.
    If i was Truss i would be very careful who she puts into her cabinet as in Rishi and Gove i don't believe a leopard changes it's spots so to speak.
    If she stands up to Europe and sorts N.Ireland plus puts a cap on energy prices for the average joe and the tax cuts she has mentioned i think she may be off to a reasonable start.

Liz managed an interview on the top floor of the empire state building last week but nothing since! Not a good look for a new government with an apparent new vision. Couple of charlies in charge now (LT and KK) plus JRM!
    All either hiding or remaining silent.

Robbing the poor and giving to the rich!
    How Tory is that?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Supposedly she is all about cutting red tape and getting stuff done quickly we'll see .I am going to be watching the N.Ireland issue which she has claimed is one of her priorities.
    Not really sure that Boris's cabinet should have gone because according to the popular vote had his name been able to be put on the sheet with Truss and Rishi he would still be PM.He was back stabbed by Rishi and Gove to name the top one's.
    If i was Truss i would be very careful who she puts into her cabinet as in Rishi and Gove i don't believe a leopard changes it's spots so to speak.
    If she stands up to Europe and sorts N.Ireland plus puts a cap on energy prices for the average joe and the tax cuts she has mentioned i think she may be off to a reasonable start.
    Not really going well, is it? Everyone saw this coming. Sunak (who I have no time for either) called this out.

Yeah, but it's better than labour....
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"