Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New pm

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Not really going well, is it? Everyone saw this coming. Sunak (who I have no time for either) called this out.

Yeah, but it's better than labour....
    Definitely have to agree with you as things stand,i also read some letters of no confidence circulating - Think she could well get hung out to dry ! Although it still is very early days.

With regards to Labour imo they are in desperate need of a leader and have been for some time - Starmer not the one !

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Definitely have to agree with you as things stand,i also read some letters of no confidence circulating - Think she could well get hung out to dry ! Although it still is very early days.

With regards to Labour imo they are in desperate need of a leader and have been for some time - Starmer not the one !
    Fair play to you. I expected you to try and mount some sort of defence. (I'm only basing this on how internet debates usually pan out).

I'm not sure about Starmer either, I expected him to be far more vocal about things. Maybe he doesn't have to give how mad things have got, Corbyn's silence during Brexit cost him.
    I guess Tories keep getting in because they say what people want to hear (usually lie) and there just isn't any opposition.

It genuinely is terrifying how bad things have got, the impact of this is generational. Truss is dangerous. She is underqualified with right-wing economic views.

The way it stands, I can't imagine either wanting to win the next election. There's no quick fix and the next government will be governing through hardship for the majority. I suspect that if Labour do win, they'll survive four years - and then the Tories will get voted in on the message of "Labour blame" by the conservatives. They'll use this message for the next 10 to 15 years. They've been doing it since 2010, and they've done it before.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Labour have come forward with some good things at their conference. Potential railway back to public ownership, green energy, reversing the tax cut.
    Breakfast club for kids should be a massive vote winner right now.

One things for sure, Tories lost any Red Wall support last Friday. Its gone.
    They've had 12 years, they've fucked everything. There isnt one single way we are better off over the last 12 years, they haven't improved one thing, wasted billions and billions of public money and we've regressed in every way. They've gaslit the country, encouraged bigots and demonised anybody they can to win votes with the most abhorrent shower of cunts in parliament history. A group of self interested, empathyless fucks. I fucking despise them.
    I don't care if people don't like Starmer. It's time for change.
    I genuinely can't see how anyone can defend this Govt anymore.

Total fuck-up by the Tories with the recent mini-budget.
    Bank of England having to rescue pensions.
    If there was an election tomorrow there is no way those c#nts would stay in power.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Labour have come forward with some good things at their conference. Potential railway back to public ownership, green energy, reversing the tax cut.
    Breakfast club for kids should be a massive vote winner right now.

One things for sure, Tories lost any Red Wall support last Friday. Its gone.
    They've had 12 years, they've fucked everything. There isnt one single way we are better off over the last 12 years, they haven't improved one thing, wasted billions and billions of public money and we've regressed in every way. They've gaslit the country, encouraged bigots and demonised anybody they can to win votes with the most abhorrent shower of cunts in parliament history. A group of self interested, empathyless fucks. I fucking despise them.
    I don't care if people don't like Starmer. It's time for change.
    I genuinely can't see how anyone can defend this Govt anymore.
    Green Energy is nothing short of a disastrous joke especially wind power and not just in the UK.It is time to revert back in time somewhat,fire up the power stations etc start burning coal/coke again until economies all over are in a better place no matter which party is in power.
    Myself i have gas and wood heat,wood furnace side by side with wood furnace in the basement so that they can both use the same ducting to distribute heat to the whole house. Upstairs i have a woodstove which i use all winter.But i just got my gas bill and it was less than $15 for the month and hydro(electric) is about $90 for 2 months which is peanuts for approx 4000sq ft,they bill every 2 months.I realize winter for me is still a month or so away and bills will increase somewhat,I rejected all the so called gas and hydro heating offers and stuck with my mainly wood heating system which subsidizes any Gas i use.
    By going back in time working class folk would be able to heat their homes without needing gas or electric(hydro) as a primary source of heat as i do or if they do the power generated from the power stations and using coal/coke heat would significantly reduce everyone's bills and live comfortable without high heating bills.
    This approach should be 1st and foremost on any elected govt agenda right now as the No 1 priority.
    Last edited by fagin; 29th September 2022 at 04:52 AM.

Green Energy is nothing short of a disastrous joke especially wind power and not just in the UK.It is time to revert back in time somewhat,fire up the power stations etc start burning coal/coke again until economies all over are in a better place no matter which party is in power.
    Myself i have gas and wood heat,wood furnace side by side with wood furnace in the basement so that they can both use the same ducting to distribute heat to the whole house. Upstairs i have a woodstove which i use all winter.But i just got my gas bill and it was less than $15 for the month and hydro(electric) is about $90 for 2 months which is peanuts for approx 4000sq ft,they bill every 2 months.I realize winter for me is still a month or so away and bills will increase somewhat,I rejected all the so called gas and hydro heating offers and stuck with my mainly wood heating system which subsidizes any Gas i use.
    By going back in time working class folk would be able to heat their homes without needing gas or electric(hydro) as a primary source of heat as i do or if they do the power generated from the power stations and using coal/coke heat would significantly reduce everyone's bills and live comfortable without high heating bills.
    This approach should be 1st and foremost on any elected govt agenda right now as the No 1 priority.
    Where do you live?

Where do you live?
    British Columbia,Canada.....but i am from the UK,infact my flight is booked for October 18th to visit with my Mother and Sister as i haven't been able to make the trip for the last few years with Covid restrictions.

British Columbia,Canada.....but i am from the UK,infact my flight is booked for October 18th to visit with my Mother and Sister as i haven't been able to make the trip for the last few years with Covid restrictions.
    Nice. How long have you been over there?

Nice. How long have you been over there?
    I came over here in 1980,but have returned many times to visit family. I have Dual Nationality now so 2 passports which comes in handy at times.
    As we have all aged i have tried to return every year until Covid hit.Then when i managed to get flights both my Mother and Sister contracted Covid so i've had to cancel a few times.
    Now that the UK has lifted restrictions i am looking forward to visiting them and old friends.
    My Sister always gets her older car mot'd and insured so i have transport and she uses what used to be my Mothers car.
    Last edited by fagin; 30th September 2022 at 08:10 PM.

The danger of an establishment approved Labour leader being elected PM is that they will pass Tory policy under the guise of Labour even the Tories wouldn't get away with or pass seemingly innocent policy that is by its designed prime for the Tories to absolutely rinse the shit out of when our media and establishment deems they are electable again

A good potential example would be, a public owned energy company, so the public purse pays for all the new infrastructure necessary to build up this new green energy company at massive expense and a glowing success is made of it, establishment Labour play pass the ball with the Tories and they privatise it, selling it off for a fraction of the cost the tax payer has paid for it for an instant high first week return for them and their pals
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”