Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AJ vs USYK Rematch

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    How does he transcend the sport ?

Think the next fight for him is to fight Wilder. The 2 respective losers that set up the Fury v Usyk unifier, fighting for position.
    Because he's known to people who don't even follow boxing. He's an icon who gets a ton of abuse and hate for some reason and that's before his BLM speech before that gets brought up.
    Heavyweight boxing was on its arse before he came along. It wasn't getting big crowds and there was little interest.

He won't fight Wilder next. Not a chance. Wilder is fighting Helenius in October whilst AJ is talking about a December fight.
    He needs to get a couple of wins now.so should take a couple of low risk fights en route to an eliminator for a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Because he's known to people who don't even follow boxing. He's an icon who gets a ton of abuse and hate for some reason and that's before his BLM speech before that gets brought up.
    Heavyweight boxing was on its arse before he came along. It wasn't getting big crowds and there was little interest.

He won't fight Wilder next. Not a chance. Wilder is fighting Helenius in October whilst AJ is talking about a December fight.
    He needs to get a couple of wins now.so should take a couple of low risk fights en route to an eliminator for a belt.
    Honestly I've never heard much of him outside of boxing, but I don't follow boxing that much at all either. Not like a few of you lads on here.
    Seen him on some TV shows and he seems like a nice enough fella and suits the media classes wants. Much more than Tyson fury the minority they don't like because of his Christian beliefs.

Guessing the Usyk v Fury fight is going ahead, with a rematch and possibly a third fight if its 1-1 after 2 fights. So there should be enough time for these two to figure it out and see whose set to be the next title fighter.

As a causal observer there doesn't seem to be much razzmatazz outside of these four. But as said just a very casual boxing fan.
    They'll all get dogs abuse on social media.

Honestly I've never heard much of him outside of boxing, but I don't follow boxing that much at all either. Not like a few of you lads on here.
    Seen him on some TV shows and he seems like a nice enough fella and suits the media classes wants. Much more than Tyson fury the minority they don't like because of his Christian beliefs.

Guessing the Usyk v Fury fight is going ahead, with a rematch and possibly a third fight if its 1-1 after 2 fights. So there should be enough time for these two to figure it out and see whose set to be the next title fighter.

As a causal observer there doesn't seem to be much razzmatazz outside of these four. But as said just a very casual boxing fan.
    They'll all get dogs abuse on social media.
    Yeah both Fury and AJ get plenty of abuse. Usyk doesn't as he's a likeable guy to pretty much everyone and the Ukraine situation also goes in his favour right now.
    Theres posts going around from Frank Warren saying it's on but Fury is saying he wants the biggest payday ever for a fight. If he were to win I think he'd wrap in, undisputed would be the pinnacle for him and if it were to be a close fight ( which I think it would be) he wouldn't take the risk of a rematch. I think Usyk has a great chance though if it comes off, he's a puzzle that nobody has worked out yet.

Nobody has been able to figure the FURY puzzle yet either

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yeah both Fury and AJ get plenty of abuse. Usyk doesn't as he's a likeable guy to pretty much everyone and the Ukraine situation also goes in his favour right now.
    Theres posts going around from Frank Warren saying it's on but Fury is saying he wants the biggest payday ever for a fight. If he were to win I think he'd wrap in, undisputed would be the pinnacle for him and if it were to be a close fight ( which I think it would be) he wouldn't take the risk of a rematch. I think Usyk has a great chance though if it comes off, he's a puzzle that nobody has worked out yet.
    I'd fancy Fury to beat Usyk. He'd offer a different challenge to AJ/Wilder.

If he wants money, which he clearly does the rematch stipulation offers a good avenue for income.

If he puts Usyk away I think he'd go for a fight with AJ in the UK.

I know Mike Tyson always speaks very highly of Ali, what do ye make of his take here on Ali v Tyson ?
    For me Ali is the greatest.

https://youtube.com/shorts/zxWFVtTp6ew?feature=share

I'd fancy Fury to beat Usyk. He'd offer a different challenge to AJ/Wilder.

If he wants money, which he clearly does the rematch stipulation offers a good avenue for income.

If he puts Usyk away I think he'd go for a fight with AJ in the UK.
    Aye I think that's what will most likely happen. I think he'll edge Usyk on points. Belts probably have to be vacated, or atleast one or two. I could see him vacating all and fighting AJ in a non title fight just to complete his legacy.

I know Mike Tyson always speaks very highly of Ali, what do ye make of his take here on Ali v Tyson ?
    For me Ali is the greatest.

https://youtube.com/shorts/zxWFVtTp6ew?feature=share
    Always ridiculous to compare people from such different eras CCTV.
    e.g. Ali would perhaps be a middleweight now?
    Edited post addition.
    Don't like boxing as a sport. Don't like the rhetoric and Ali's were amongst the worst!