Thread: David Moores

David Moores

I think he deserves his own post.
    We came close to many things during his time .
    RIP David. You are with your wife again!
    The Moores family held a stake in the club for over 50 years with David becoming owner of the Anfield outfit in 1991 before selling his majority stake in 2007. His death comes weeks just after his wife of 39 years, Marge, passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I think he deserves his own post.
    We came close to many things during his time .
    RIP David. You are with your wife again!
    The Moores family held a stake in the club for over 50 years with David becoming owner of the Anfield outfit in 1991 before selling his majority stake in 2007. His death comes weeks just after his wife of 39 years, Marge, passed away.
    Met him many times through a mutual friend. A very shy and sensitive man , not particularly what you would expect. He had a traumatic life , you need to research the fact that he was involved in a crash that killed his then girlfriend when he was young ( not excusing him) this had a major impact on him. Later in life he was beaten up during an armed robbery at his Formby/ Southport home. I met him again about 1 year after that incident, he had taken it very badly. He really wanted anonymity and never sought the limelight .
    RIP chairman, a true red.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Met him many times through a mutual friend. A very shy and sensitive man , not particularly what you would expect. He had a traumatic life , you need to research the fact that he was involved in a crash that killed his then girlfriend when he was young ( not excusing him) this had a major impact on him. Later in life he was beaten up during an armed robbery at his Formby/ Southport home. I met him again about 1 year after that incident, he had taken it very badly. He really wanted anonymity and never sought the limelight .
    RIP chairman, a true red.
    Nice oersonal insight into the man thankyou huyrob!

A long life, and not the worst to follow the wife so shortly after 39 years of marriage

Seems a very decent man. The sale to the cowboys was forced in my opinion - he wanted the best for the club. Rest in Peace.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief