Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: The Midfield Conundrum

We needed at least one more before Henderson and Fab were off. We now need 3...

We appear to be linked with a Major upgrade on Henderson in Joshua Kimmich of Bayern Munich.......although not too sure we'd like his current wage

The wage bill has taken some trimming I'd say

About time we went for quality over quantity in our midfield. The talk of the number of “bodies” we had available last season was ridiculous. That’s exactly what most of them were, just bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    About time we went for quality over quantity in our midfield. The talk of the number of “bodies” we had available last season was ridiculous. That’s exactly what most of them were, just bodies.
    Wait until Mac and Szobo get injured and we're lining up with Jones, Elliott and Trent in midfield! This place will erupt!

Still see Mac and Szobo as attackers rather than proper midfielders.

We've essentially replaced Keita and Ox with the two new lads.

Both Henderson and Fab need replacing with 'proper' midfielders.

get it sorted!!!!!! 2 dms needed
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    We appear to be linked with a Major upgrade on Henderson in Joshua Kimmich of Bayern Munich.......although not too sure we'd like his current wage
    I'd buy that for a dollar. If we are interested we may stand a chance as surely Real can't buy him now.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Agree fully. Two major mids gone. I know they were both past their peak but you can't replace those two with young lads although I'm guessing/certain that Lavia will be one and probably the only one.
    That's a lot of experience lost, big game experience too.
    Even before Hendo and Fab leaving I thought one mid and a CB will come in. I still think that's the case. Any spare cash will be used elsewhere. "Bills".
    Last edited by teesred; 20th July 2023 at 07:23 AM.

Might be fun to peruse this thread with a Cup of Tea some rainy day soon, as it really doesn't feel like we have a conundrum right now - quite the opposite.

Results mean people stay quiet Sid. That’s the fickle nature of the average football fan.

So far this season it has seemed there is that mentality. look at those early game in particular. Losing games and dragging ourselves back into it and winning. Like we had in 2019 and 2020.

But on a few occasions as in summer of 2019 the club was remiss and pissed off Jurgen royally in paying bills and not beefing up the squad.

But his lads went and made the league unwinnable in the following 7 months.

Sadly the issues became apparently obvious the following season. That’s where the boom and bust was first seen. We saw it again last season.

Sid IF Klopp’s reasoning on his premature departure is to be taken at face value, then surely you can see why?

So let’s win it this season - let’s do it for Klopp.. But don’t think for one second it’s because of great planning OR because we have been brilliant in the market. Klopp is working miracles again. The midfield is not going to terrorise Europe on its own.

So - in the event that we win the lot… peruse away.. if that is really what floats your boat.. that’s cool.. enjoy. But what does it change?

Klopp will be about to disappear into the sunset. And all that brilliant “planning, those incredible data analytics teams, and genius sporting directionistas” will have to click back into gear.