Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 2022-2023 season's expectations and aspirations

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So you think our front line is at or close to what it was in 2018 - 2019 - 2020?
    That group not just te attack was at its absolute peak. So the attack benefited because it was a well oiled machine.

Firmino didn't set the world alight when he came. Mane was already proven in PL. Was a risk but was a player in some sort of demand and experience of the league. Salah was also a maturing player not the boy who was at Chelsea.

So Nunez and Gakpo have joined a team bereft of confidence and cohesion. They are new to the team and the league. Let us reflect on them 5 years from now the same we are doing with Firmino.

Mané was utterly superb on arrival (even before at Saints PROVEN top class) as was Salah. Bobby became super effective once both where in situ. Not the hardest job linking up with two players of that class but Bobby was sublime. The work he put in.

Bobby was like 3 players!

Jota is a huge miss right now. Pressing monster. A press we just don't have

Mané was utterly superb on arrival (even before at Saints PROVEN top class) as was Salah. Bobby became super effective once both where in situ. Not the hardest job linking up with two players of that class but Bobby was sublime. The work he put in.

Bobby was like 3 players!

Bobby was phenomenal I agree. The season Kloppcame with Courinho and Llalana. Then when Mane came he went up another level. Then Salah came boom. My view from 2019 our title winning season he actually dropped. A sentimental choice since 2020 from Klopp for me.should have introduced and trusted Jota quicker as the 9. But yes Firmino was awesome. Si Senor.

I swear to God you just make sdtuff up to be a wind up

Mane, even post covid Mane was by far our most superior forward presser, makers of runs in behind, winner of headers in front of defenders or doing enough to stop them getting an effective clearing header and our best goalscorer taking pens he mostly won out of the equation - a persistent asset to the tesm and threat and nightmare to opposition sides for 90 minutes

Nunez can be all of these things in all 3 forward positions but he needs educating and COACHING and help from the video analysis team

The main criticism of Jota hax been poor distribution and pressing, he did improve significantly on the latter late last season in some games but not in enough games or with enough consistency to declare him a monster presser, Diaz and even Nunez have both beeen better
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

When you break it down Jurgen does talk shit at times

He says he believves in ccoachinng players rather thaan spending big money, then there's no evidence whatsoever of them being coached aand he contradicts himself talking about not giving them ttoo much information and letting them work things out' for themselves

I don't see this at all. Where is the tappy crappy?
    I know you don't

I have incredibly strong recognition of patterns and mechanics, i subsequently see an awful lot, highly analyically that people who watch and perceive the game in a more traditional or common status quo induced/taught way of viewing it for the masses miss entirely, it's not your fault, you've been raised or educated to see the game in a romantic and emotional way rather than analytically

Putting Fab in the Virgil Alisson bracket shows this, as he's a useless waste of space, Brazil do have a top DM he plays for the filthy and the lad who kept him and Fernandinho out of the Brazil squad for 2 season's was apparently not good enough for us because he wasn't Alonso, just as Henderson apparently isn't for not being Gerrard despite being a vastly superior and successful Captain and driving the team to Premier League glory, initiating our pressing and movement as it was at its very highest levels

I pretty much remove emotion and go with the facts revealed by the patterns and mechanics

Hence this thread, before it happened

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    When you break it down Jurgen does talk shit at times
    That makes 2 of you then 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    That makes 2 of you then ����
    LOL first time i laughed today can always count on you ian
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    That makes 2 of you then 🤣🤣
    Brilliant..!

And for the forum wind up merchant.

Maybe a little read here might help you on Jota and how much we are missing him. Everything you have said about him is complete and utter bunkum.

You don’t like players that endanger your favourites getting a start. You were against Jota from day one. Certainly massively harsh.

You didn’t think Bajcetic should start today and he was our best player by a country mile. In fact our only genuine performer.

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2022/01/12/diogo-jota-sits-second-in-top-five-european-leagues-for-an-interesting-off-ball-statistic-which-demonstrates-his-importance/amp/