Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Your 2022-2023 season's expectations and aspirations

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    Is the made of biscuits cunt even in our CL squad?
    No! That's just fucked my premonition right up. Bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Ok 51 points for us still to play for and probably our main rivals for top four to come next. With key players returning from injury and on the back of our best performance since City at home, we have an excellent chance to get back into the top four race.
    Newcastle are stuttering, time to twist the knife.

Top four beckons

But ffs lads don’t make last night’s performance and result into another false dawn.
    It was only Everton, remember.
    Caaaaalm down, lads.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    It was only Everton, remember.
    Caaaaalm down, lads.
    He's dreaming, as well he should. Life's horrendously short. If we get 4 points from our next two games (meaning 7-from-9 after being awful) then I might just join him. Getting players back could be massive for us and Newcastle seem short on gas just now.

Speaking of Newcastle and this upcoming game, it would be easy to feel despondent if we don't win it. However they do play Man City in their next League match I believe, so there is every possibility of reeling them in a bit closer there.

"Must-win" gets thrown around a lot when there are always more opportunities. I would definitely file it under "must-not-lose" though. Lose to them and our thin hopes get stamped out.

Good time to play Newcastle, they haven’t been scoring enough goals and their talisman Bruno will miss the game.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Good time to play Newcastle, they haven’t been scoring enough goals and their talisman Bruno will miss the game.
    Yeah, they ain't taking our top 4 crown without a fight....

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Yeah, they ain't taking our top 4 crown without a fight....
    Chance creation and conversion will be our biggest issue. They are absolutely miserly this season - 13 goals conceded in the League and two of those by us.

They don't score loads though, certainly not lately. If we can score first we have every chance - but I do think we pretty much HAVE to score first if we want the ultimate prize of 3 points.

Ok so another 3 points, this time against a top four rival, defeat and we were done but the win changes everything.
    Newcastle have now scored 3 times in 7 games, injuries and suspensions are starting to bite too, so let’s aim high and see if we can catch Utd.
    Praying for Leicester to get something there tomorrow as Leeds did last time out.

Just need to keep our run going away at Palace and home to Wolves before the big fixture.

We can do it.

Today's performance exemplified my reasons for believing we'd struggle to make top four, Jurgen's want to try and turn the team into a possession passing side rather than a pressing and counter pressing direct side, him having to revert back to playing pressing and counter pressing when it wasn't working, then after a run of good results and improved form, trying to revert to being a possession side again

As I said in another thread, you can't have it both ways, it's one or the other, Jurgen is a world class manager at playing a direct pressing and counter pressing game, he absolutely sucks at trying to play a possession game and has absolutely zero track record of being successful doing so, his results trying to be a possession football manager would have seen us relegated if he hadn't kept reverting to what he's good at

Just such a massive let down and disappointment that after 5 clean sheets and 4 wins and a draw 13 points from 15 in the league playing our pressing and counter pressing direct style, he decide for todays game, rather than building on that and getting in the good habit of beating all comers playing our pressing and counter pressing style as we used to, he'd have another stab at being a possession football manager
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Given all the trophies Jurgen has won us maybe a season without is a big disappointment.
    But would winning a League Cup or an FA cup be remembered as much as beating Man Utd 7-0 ?

Had vvd scored those 2 huge chances , and salah scored the penalty; a different outcome.
    Bournemouth we awful.
    Only tactic, fast counter attack.
    Which Liverpool get exposed at least x3 a game.

Liverpool will concede , and the first goal so vital . The stats say when conceding first 8 defeats , a couple of draws and 2 wins.

Mentality meltdowns these days.