Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 2022-2023 season's expectations and aspirations

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Top four and Champions League last 16 and likely a scrap for top four for me, just think we've sacrificed too much of what made us Champions League and Premier League winners chasing an ideal that simply hasn't materialised and too many dynamics have changed or have been lost altogether

We failed to strengthen adequately and to move forward and capitalise on how strong we were both after winning the Champions League and after winning the league, to the point we weren't even able to mount a defence of our title as we started the following season short of one top quality CB, and we're now starting our second season in a row short of at least one to quality CM and carrying too many midfielders who aren't of the required quality, consistency or are too injury prone

Gini was the last midfield signing we got right, that was a very long time ago

BUMP

Been trying to tell you lads since 18-20 we were starting to lose our way, it started when we failed to invest and add strength to our forward line and midfield in the summer on 19 and was encapsulated when Jurgen brought Fab back in at DM when we'd been far better and the best we'd ever been under Jurgen in his absence at the end of the 19-20 season, I've seen this coming
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'm changing mine to midtable at best if Jurgen persists with playing Elliott at RCM when Fab is our alleged number 6 at any stage of any game, it's gone beyond a fucking joke now, he must see, however much he rates Elliott that it doesn't fucking work and won't work for numerous reasons

Mind you, it's still escaped his attention Fab is a well below average No6, and that it is an offence to most top class midfielders to call him a midfielder at all for 4 years, so maybe it's to be expected, he was fucking shit again today, nowhere fucking near it, cinstantly in no mans land like the headless fucking chicken RB playing at No6 he's always been, the only saving grace, and not fot Fab is that a few others here and quite a number in commentary and analysis are finally waking up to what's been entirely apparent since he was found out in that high destroyer role

We’re united from last season. A comedy act at the back.
    Level on points with Everton now albeit with a game in hand

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    We’re united from last season. A comedy act at the back.
    Level on points with Everton now albeit with a game in hand
    We started today as a comedy act, but as I persistently bang on about, you can't just throw what worked so well for you out of the window, the new thing not work and start the players that used to work and everything is suddenly fine again, football and team dynamics simply don't work like that

So we let 2 goals in today while everyone was getting back to their positioning and how they played with that midfield 3, we stop them cutting through us at will, get control of the game, become pretty dominant and get ourselves into a 3-2 lead after the disastrous start

THEN

Jurgen has the genius idea to take Henderson off for the fucking shite shit useless twat at RCM should never ever play that position in our set up in a million fucking years Elliott who together with Fab not being a midfielder let alone a No6 has been a major contributory cause to why we have been a comedy act defensively and all over the place

Serious WHAT THE FUCK!

He MUST, He simply MUST see now Elliott is not a player he can field at RCM at nay stage of any game when he has Fab as his No6, he MUST, even commentary and punditry have belatedly followed my lead and picked up on it, BT have highlighted the shortfallings and of Elliott and Fab quite extensively and devastatingly accurately as I described it long before they caught on and STILL he won't budge

Elliot is a rock his reputation here will perish on if he persists in playing him there. I don’t share your option of how Fabinho always has been but I do share your opinion that he’s really looking very poor this year. We need to figure this out very quickly. Is Henderson not able for 90 anymore or what’s happening there?

well he's only just come back henderson he's not very good anyway.

Thiago never seems 100% fit either, he does great then has games like today he summed up the team, lethargic and inconsistent
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    well he's only just come back henderson he's not very good anyway.

Thiago never seems 100% fit either, he does great then has games like today he summed up the team, lethargic and inconsistent
    He’s twice as good as the rest of our midfielders in this system. Says a lot that we can’t buy another fucking good player to fit it

He’s twice as good as the rest of our midfielders in this system. Says a lot that we can’t buy another fucking good player to fit it
    I concur, our MOTM today, despite his poor error for their goal

Got the lads settled and better organised after being 2-0 down, played numerous very good forward balls to release our forwards in isolation, played Mo through to assist our first goal, defended very well in positions Fab should really be defending and then released players or played the right pass out of defence, it was an astute piece of defending followed by his pass to find Thiago that led to Diaz being released with a simple pass to create our second to

And from having got almost complete control and domination of the game to come back to lead 3-2 having been 2-0 down, we went to absolute shit and Brighton were ripping through us at will down our right once more and we had no-one finding our forwards or Thiago with balls out of defensive positions anymore immediately after he was taken off

Every opposition manager in world football and even every pundit can see that Elliott is not remotely suited to our system as a RCM, that he inhibits Mo, Trent and other players as a consequence from playing at their best and he is clueless in his positioning and reading of the game in his pressing and counter pressing and defending, Jurgen chooses to ignore this despite it being painfully obvious

Fab couldn't even manage any kind of performance supported by Hendo and Thiago today, headless chicken as ever, it's a further testament to Hendo and Thiago how they managed to help dominate Brighton and being outnumbered in midfield for the period they did when it was like 2 v 5 rather than 3 v 5 as Fab was just nowhere near a good position and contributing to their fine work at any stage of the game He needs listing and we need to line up 2 quality actual midfielders to come in during January

Or the system is only built for pedestrian midfielders?

2 nil down today and the captain has to take some blame for both.

No Hendo - works - he is a brilliant worker and is the managers voice on the pitch, but we need better players or you are going to have to have one of the best attacks and strongest defences on the continent to win anything big. That isn't sustainable. Klopp's weakness fro. day one was the midfield. Uses it as a facility. That will never attract the best players and even IF you get one of them in - he will be forced to play another sport.

The reality is FSG stopped the minute we won number 6! Klopp needed to be able to buy at least 1 player at Virgil/Alisson level every 2 seasons at a minimum. Havent come close. Hendo could have still been at a higher level - Gini could have remained... Mane and Mo less overworked... But NO.. we asked them to run through too many brick walls.

They look like a 2 year break wouldn't be enough right now
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st October 2022 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Or the system is only built for pedestrian midfielders?

2 nil down today and the captain has to take some blame for both.

No Hendo - works - he is a brilliant worker and is the managers voice on the pitch, but we need better players or you are going to have to have one of the best attacks and strongest defences on the continent to win a anything big
    I agree. But it’s klopp who is the one picking the types of players and the system we play. And Henderson has absolutely excelled in his system up to now. What we need is players in that mould but even better on the ball or a complete change of system. Right now we’re nowhere.