Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 2022-2023 season's expectations and aspirations

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Here's a question, open to all.

A lot of folks feel we need two or even three midfielders.

We're currently 7 points off the Champion's League spots.

How many points off those spots do people think we would be if ONE midfielder had come in the Summer? If Tchouameni comes in (only one man remember) are we within 3 points (4 points better off and thus within touching distance) of the Champion's League spots?
    I think we’d still be struggling but we’d be about level with united. We need 3 midfielders

I reckon 6 - 7 points better off

A new midfielder wouldn’t have stopped the brain fart defensive mistakes they are all making.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I think we’d still be struggling but we’d be about level with united. We need 3 midfielders
    We probably do need three - but if we were about level with Man United, we'd be in the Top Four spots.

Which, for me, if we were to finish this season in those spots (we won't now) and let go a number of lads - then bring one or two in (if we now need three, then we would be needing two had that one come in the Summer past) we could continue to rebuild and actually look alright.

It's a big part of my frustration. Fans are so frustrated now that it feels like some want to get 8/9/10 new lads in all across the squad but the reality is that a couple of the right signings could be massive - the problem now is we'll miss out on the Champion's League (and the money) to help reinvest.

The £70m or so lost in turn-over due to the Covid season has had an unpleasant knock-on effect too, much as it's a while ago.

We need to evolve our style as well as being in players. We’re being overtaken rapidly style wise now. It’s been proven that sheer athleticism and organisation can obliterate our way of playing. We need to move with it

We've taken 8 points from 9 aways. I'd like to think atleast one quality midfielder would have seen that to maybe 12-14 points.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    I reckon 6 - 7 points better off

A new midfielder wouldn’t have stopped the brain fart defensive mistakes they are all making.
    Even if it was "only" the 6 points, we'd be a solitary point off the Top Four.

Makes it all the more annoying that Melo ended up being the "solution" - can't blame the lad for being injured of course.

Lost to Brighton (+ draw)
    Lost to United Arsenal Brentford Forest

Infact the last 2 away games totally outplayed.
    That's never a Liverpool team under klopp.
    Outplayed , outrun , out fought.

All the players must be shell shocked.

Is it as bad as the 6 games loss in a row ?

Tchouameni is class

Real with Tchouameni Camavinga Valverde and Bellingham sorted for the next 10 years.
    Totally opposite at Anfield .

Some good news
    Only 10 points away from safety.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Some good news
    Only 10 points away from safety.
    Too depressing

Absolutely desperate for Fulham to beat Newcastle tomorrow. Being 7 points adrift would feel the tiniest bit better if we had a game in hand.