Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

Hopefully Bobby's injury clears up in time. Other than him for Nunez, Henderson for Milner is the only other change I would make.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Anything less than 3 points against this shower of shite and we're going to have to start a "Jurgen's at the wheel" thread, out of the title race after 3 games, the pressure's all on us, people expect them to be shit
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Anything less than 3 points against this shower of shite and we're going to have to start a "Jurgen's at the wheel" thread, out of the title race after 3 games, the pressure's all on us, people expect them to be shit
    Out of the title race after 3 games eh? A lot of lads have the season over after 2 matches before we've even had a League Cup, FA Cup or Champion's League game. Glad we have been granted an extra round of fixtures.

Mild jest aside, when people have borne witness to the ridiculous runs of form that we have chalked up in recent years and factoring in that there's a mid-season World Cup this year, plus a few squads having seen changes it would be mad to call a season over at the moment.

Man City will drop weird, unexpected points here and there. We'll either capitalise on them, or we won't - but nobody definitively knows either way right now - plus Haaland, De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva will all pick up injuries just as our players have done.

Man City have a 6-game run of fixtures in the not-too distant future where they will play Tottenham, Man United (shite as Man United are derbies can throw up odd results) Arsenal and ourselves. Perhaps they win them all and we resign ourselves to "better luck next year" or perhaps not.

We need to grind out some wins for a bit and see what happens. It's 4 points at the moment lads. If the crazy happened and they lost to Newcastle while we beat Man United it's a solitary point gap - seriously no point assessing until at least 10 games in.

Firmino trained today.

If he doesn't make it for Monday (Jota out, Núñez suspended) would anyone stick Carvalho in?

Or would they put Salah or Diaz in that role and slightly reshuffle?

The thing is, if Salah or Diaz go to the middle then who plays out wide? I think you'd have to play Carvalho in any case and playing down the middle is his natural position albeit as a number 10.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    The thing is, if Salah or Diaz go to the middle then who plays out wide? I think you'd have to play Carvalho in any case and playing down the middle is his natural position albeit as a number 10.
    Yeah it's a bit like the putting Fabinho in at centre-back situation - you can potentially weaken two positions.

Elliott can play coming in from the right but his lack of raw pace probably presents a problem there if we put him in to get Salah up top.

Alternatively Carvalho could play on the left in the Diaz slot with Diaz being tasked with pressing Man United's dodgy efforts at playing it out from the back.

It would be nice to score first and nicer still to score early. Hopefully their lot don't end up doing anything too drastic with all the protest talk - the atmosphere around that club at the minute feels like a powder keg.

If Bobby’s training on Thursday he’s playing on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Now i'm excited, Gosh.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Now i'm excited, Gosh.
    Hes a goal scorer. about 15 goals in 3 years!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Let's hope.

He may not score often, but he can press from the front and Man United's performance against Brentford further highlighted what we already knew - passing it out from the back is a real problem for them.

Hopefully Firmino can be ready and Keita too. Press them into trouble and hope one of Diaz or Salah can make the most of the chances created.

They can pose a threat on the counter so I hope we can keep their opportunities to a minimum. Most intriguing thing for me will be whether or not their Manager is dogmatic in using the attempted Ajax/Cruyff style of football or whether he'll pursue the Solskjaer method of playing like the away side for Home matches against the big boys.