Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Naby Kieta

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Neil Jones@neiljonesgoal

"Little chance of Naby Keita leaving Liverpool in this window.
    Club held face-to-face talks with the midfielder's agent earlier this month, and relationship is good. Plan is still for an extension to be agreed."
    Only thing he has going for him is age, the rest of the midfield aren't far off the oap yard at least he has a few years before the 30+ club.

Not all, I know jones blabla
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Only thing he has going for him is age, the rest of the midfield aren't far off the oap yard at least he has a few years before the 30+ club.

Not all, I know jones blabla
    "Blabla".
    Sounds like a great new way if describing something we aren't happy with.
    Good work Kev la'.
    So going forward, if something isn't going well we use the term "Blabla".
    All those in favour say "eye"...........I mean "aye".

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    His age is definitely a factor - 27 is good in that department, so 3 more years (for example) of him would be fine by me if the medical staff are confident they have cracked minimising his injury issues.

23 League appearances last season compared to 10 in 20/22 was good - made 40 appearances in all comps. If he could keep up that sort of record and maintain his capacity for winning the ball in the final third and making interceptions he really isn't the worst option.

Get robust lads in to replace our outgoings and the times he is missing won't be felt half as bad - our problems arise when situations like Ox, Keita, Thiago and Jones all being out at once occur.

Reddy saying that it wouldn't be a bad thing if he left and if something could be done both parties would be interested.
    Another report says he's not happy with his situation and both parties met and a new deal seems likely. Probs just to retain any value.
    So in short, he'll carry on taking a lot if money that far outweighs his contribution.
    Complete "Blabla".

Can Dortmund not just take him now with a swap deal for Jude ? Obviously neither want to be at their clubs and it would suit everybody .

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Can Dortmund not just take him now with a swap deal for Jude ? Obviously neither want to be at their clubs and it would suit everybody .
    From Dortmund's side, I'd say selling two stars in one window sends out the wrong message for their long-term. Think of how weak a side like Tottenham would look if they sold Kane and Son in one window.

Also, if Dortmund did want Keita, why wouldn't they just wait a year and sign him on a fee? I doubt there will be a massive queue of clubs better than Dortmund that will be desperate to sign Naby up.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Reddy saying that it wouldn't be a bad thing if he left and if something could be done both parties would be interested.
    Another report says he's not happy with his situation and both parties met and a new deal seems likely. Probs just to retain any value.
    So in short, he'll carry on taking a lot if money that far outweighs his contribution.
    Complete "Blabla".
    Moan about not playing enough >>> Always injured

Hmmm

Blabla from him
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    His age is definitely a factor - 27 is good in that department, so 3 more years (for example) of him would be fine by me if the medical staff are confident they have cracked minimising his injury issues.

23 League appearances last season compared to 10 in 20/22 was good - made 40 appearances in all comps. If he could keep up that sort of record and maintain his capacity for winning the ball in the final third and making interceptions he really isn't the worst option.

Get robust lads in to replace our outgoings and the times he is missing won't be felt half as bad - our problems arise when situations like Ox, Keita, Thiago and Jones all being out at once occur.
    As was the issue 2020, you take a big chunk of players out of a single corps' you're in trouble. City would be the same, though their situation is mitigated by having £100m reserve midfielders...

Of course the bench looked weak on Monday. Matip/Konate/Ox/Thiago/Elliot/Jota/Firmino all missing. Or like City, do we expect to have 30odd £60m+ reserves kicking about waiting for a game?

Saying that, I am still baffled that we have not brought anyone in to replace the Ox and/or Naby just down to their sheer injury frequency.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Ok I’m in… so long as Blabla doesn’t stray into kevativity

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    As was the issue 2020, you take a big chunk of players out of a single corps' you're in trouble. City would be the same, though their situation is mitigated by having £100m reserve midfielders...

Of course the bench looked weak on Monday. Matip/Konate/Ox/Thiago/Elliot/Jota/Firmino all missing. Or like City, do we expect to have 30odd £60m+ reserves kicking about waiting for a game?

Saying that, I am still baffled that we have not brought anyone in to replace the Ox and/or Naby just down to their sheer injury frequency.
    Yep, Man City's situation is very different and this is where a few of the clubs have ruined things a bit in that the expense on depth is bonkers.

I definitely don't want to see £60m+ reserves rotting on the bench. For me we should invest big when needed on the starting XI and first choice subs, supplemented by clever buys and Academy products.

Key for me is to have a few less injury-prone lads. That way your chances of having maybe 4 players missing (as opposed to 8 or 9) improves. As to Ox and Keita (and potentially being replaced) the bids simply haven't come in, otherwise I think we would have taken the right offer/s happily.