Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New season same issues

New season same issues

some of us was saying it a few years ago and got shot down

Firmino isn't going to get back to his top form

The midfield is a disgrace and not good enough, covered in recent seasons by attack/defense

had seasons to sort the issues we've had out, same players underperforming/average/injury prone players, and little investment... going backwards and I hope FSG are happy.

Squads not as good as last season as we've had to sell players to make up the money obviously

3 games in and I'd say the title is already over at this point wow.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

We've only played THREE games. 35 more to go.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Same shit from top reds like yourself

Don't come back at end of the season and say "what if" please.

unless we go on a massive run dropping pts against 3 very very average sides already will make it very hard to get close
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

On the plus side, tickets shouldn't be a problem after Christmas . Every cloud and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    some of us was saying it a few years ago and got shot down

Firmino isn't going to get back to his top form

The midfield is a disgrace and not good enough, covered in recent seasons by attack/defense

had seasons to sort the issues we've had out, same players underperforming/average/injury prone players, and little investment... going backwards and I hope FSG are happy.

Squads not as good as last season as we've had to sell players to make up the money obviously

Bobby should never play again unless Caraboa.

Maybe our fans should have had FSG put tongue in cheek posters as Glazer spend at least though they just do for the sake of with no direction

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    On the plus side, tickets shouldn't be a problem after Christmas . Every cloud and all that.
    Might finally get over there with my young lad.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Hahaaaaaaaaa - true too.

Don’t give me all that bollocks about the squad not being as strong because we’ve had to sell players to buy players.

It’s not about net spend….

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    This.

That does not take the sting out of how poor a start we have had and I am not assuming that we will bounce back overnight and then win 10-in-a-row.

But last season people had Chelsea "nailed on" early doors - and then they simply.....weren't....

We need performances. We need results. We may have to grind for a bit. Shit, we may have to grind right until the World Cup.

I'm generally relaxed about how we'll do in the February-May section of the season, but we need to find something for the coming months.

Same issues of our fans even now failing to realise and appreciate that the powerful, athletic, incredibly astute in their pressing and counter pressing and reading of the game midfielders we used to employ to create a platform to support our forwards and full backs playing at their highest levels and support our full backs playing further forward often ahead of them more often and who bullied many other sides midfields as Souness regularly noted were better and such types of midfielder remain better suited to our system than the type of midfielder they are still bemoaning us not having

Harvey Elliott was our best midfielder yesterday according to lots of them, because he ran around a lot, looked neat and tidy enough and moved the ball on quickly rarely giving it away - He didn't create anything mind, he crucially failed in every single aspect of linking with and supporting the right side triangles with Trent and Mo rendering both ineffective and leaving Trent exposed and was nowhere near where he needed to be at any point positionally in the press and counter press, but let's not worry about that, or that he hasn't got a right foot so can't even take any of the opportunities to cross first time over the defence looking for Diaz on the opposite side
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”