Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Man Utd v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Really sorry for you mate but honestly I would let them have their moment. I suspect they will be pretty calm - they weren’t great - we were just totally shite and think most Manc fans know it.
    Correct we were poor but could have nicked a point with bit of luck.

When Utd have to take teams on and not sit in they will get picked off.

Casemiro will improve them for sure but not on his own by much.

Yes indeed - as I said..amazing to think - it’s late August and that’s our first loss of the year.

But a degree of boom and bust about it. For me it shows that what I have suggested has merit. That the squad is performing above it’s true level in the successful seasons - then naturally has a worrying slump as players exhaustion takes it’s toll. This is where that lack of constantly going again in the market - keeping your squad mean and fresh is exposed.
    Bang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    Have a banging ear infection, Sat & watched a bunch of overrated plonkers lose to another bunch of twats. What a shit Birthday I’ve had. Tomorrow at work I will have to face a bunch of Mancs acting like they’ve won the treble.
    Sorry to hear that Jenson. Happy birthday all the same

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Correct we were poor but could have nicked a point with bit of luck.

When Utd have to take teams on and not sit in they will get picked off.

Casemiro will improve them for sure but not on his own by much.
    Biggest worry for me is we aren’t working hard. That’s a huge part of our play and we look casual and arrogant particularly at the back. We do badly need a new midfield player to give the team a lift. Klopp will surely be absolutely livid behind the scenes.

Out fought, nó guile niave play and all round laziness killed us tonight. Trent passing off, no outlet at all from róbbo.
    Casual van dyk is a really worry, doesn't séem arsed tbh. It's a worry because our midfielders can't be relied on allowing no ryhtm.

To be this disappointing this early is what pisses a lot of us off. To see the rot and not do enough to stop it makes this a wreck in slow motion.

Oh and if ever making Trent into a midfielder is gonna happen now is the time Jurgen. He is a liability most games at right back. The need is there and he won’t be much worse than Elliot and is at least faster than Milly.

Really sorry for you mate but honestly I would let them have their moment. I suspect they will be pretty calm - they weren’t great - we were just totally shite and think most Manc fans know it.

Edit and Happy Birthday!!’
    When I found out we were playing Utd on my birthday I knew what the outcome would be.
    I said to my misses when Liverpool lose to them u can cut my hair which I’ve not cut since April 2021, so at least she will be happy.

I know mate - precisely how I would have felt in them same position.

I hate playing them - always do. Can always lose to them regardless of form horrible game - glad it’s over.

Feel we can bounce now. Need a few players back but I am hopeful - and that’s quite rare.

Jurgen - you made your point.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Biggest worry for me is we aren’t working hard. That’s a huge part of our play and we look casual and arrogant particularly at the back. We do badly need a new midfield player to give the team a lift. Klopp will surely be absolutely livid behind the scenes.
    We need someone to cover ground to fill in and help full backs.

Its a risk but the young lad on the bench could be an option.

We might as well blood a few if we arent going to buy anyone.

This season has always been one I was gonna get annoyed with squashing the season just so Qatar can get their shity world cup.

What worried me most was the poor mentality and concentration especially from the back 4.
    The midfield were very poor until Milner & Henderson went off.
    We looked slow.